May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Last edited:
Day 4 on my shipped runner eggs. I’m trying my best to not even look at them, haha, hoping they’ll be ok and developing if I leave them alone. xD I’ll candle day 7 for sure; any thoughts on decreased candling for shipped eggs or does it matter? This is the first batch I’m trying shipped eggs, everything else I obtained locally, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Day 4 on my shipped runner eggs. I’m trying my best to not even look at them, haha, hoping they’ll be ok and developing if I leave them alone. xD I’ll candle day 7 for sure; any thoughts on decreased candling for shipped eggs or does it matter? This is the first batch I’m trying shipped eggs, everything else I obtained locally, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️
Candling is fun! Way underrated, imo. I candle every night, when I rotate my eggs. (I move them around the incubator like a volleyball team rotates, to even out the effect of temp differences.) I do this with all eggs, foreign and domestic. I keep on top of what's going on, 'specially toward the end, as hatch time approaches. You may see those internal pips sooner than expected--you know it's time to lock down and maybe add some humidity. Wash your hands... candle to your heart's content--my motto.

Yep they are getting named after Star Wars. One is going to be named Reaven (after the KOTOR games), I also want to name one after the one female in rise of the skywalker. But Darth is a good one and must be added to the list.
Kylo Ren is my favorite 😍 He was dark, but he had a good soul deep down. I wanted him and Rey to be together 😂 I'm all for that cheesy romance.

I am thinking of naming my Aztecs after comic characters. But the black East Indie Star Wars was a great fit.
I named my ducks after food... Pickles, Crackers (Quackers), Cheese, Gouda, Cocoa, Bean, and Nooch.

My chickens have names too but more human names.

My lizards are named after Guardians of the Galaxy; Drax and Gamora.

Back
Top Bottom