May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
My bantam Brahmas eggs are FERTILE :bun they're pretty close to the size of coturnix quail eggs. Too bad she only lays 1 a day, but be prepared to watch me geek out when they hatch 🤓 I'm so excited for them. They may be bantam Brahma purebred or bantam Brahma/deathlayer cross.

IMG_20200501_131834.jpg

How sweet are they!!! Do you imprint your ducklings? Have your Star Wars names picked out yet?
I do imprint them, or at least try to. I take them and put them with me and snuggle and cuddle them a lot when they first come out of the incubator, keeping them close to my body for them to stay warm.

Reaven is going to be one, Endore was another one that got mentioned. I liked Darth, Mace, and Zorii

Have a guinea hatching question, as I’ve only done chimkens.

I gathered up 3 eggs from the Guineas nest and put them in the incubator about 5 days ago. They’re developing nicely, but the air cell is on the side? They’re not budging! I have them in the turners fat end up, is this normal?

Have a guinea hatching question, as I’ve only done chimkens.

I gathered up 3 eggs from the Guineas nest and put them in the incubator about 5 days ago. They’re developing nicely, but the air cell is on the side? They’re not budging! I have them in the turners fat end up, is this normal?
Hmmmm. My guinea egg air cells develop just like chickens do. Here’s a candling pic of one that’s only a few days from hatching, so larger than an early egg...

Attachments

• 56AEF46A-B544-41CF-81E2-003F8CFFCD11.jpeg
    56AEF46A-B544-41CF-81E2-003F8CFFCD11.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom