May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Can’t weight to see some of your bantam Brahmas
This was the first one out. It’s living with the newly hatched quail. It’s ginormous compared to them, but super small compared to a chicken chick.

E82C9BBC-CFF4-4587-8C18-539CE96E1D1B.jpeg

Okay I have 15 chicks and two more just hatching right now..yay!!
Also...

Question for any silkie people!!
what color is this chick?
View attachment 2163438
Could be a partridge but possibly also a paint. Partridge will often have a chipmunk stripe on their back but not always.
Paints darker spots are usually more random and not uniform like the one you have.
Here is a photo of my two day old partridge for comparison.
image.jpg

Could be a partridge but possibly also a paint. Partridge will often have a chipmunk stripe on their back but not always.
Paints darker spots are usually more random and not uniform like the one you have.
Here is a photo of my two day old partridge for comparison.View attachment 2163653
Here is an example of a buff:
Got one in the bunch!
image.jpg
Here is an example of a calico.
image.jpg

Thank you on the brooder. Working great, feel like we are all in a brooder today... chicks are all lounging around, not under heat lol. That is nutri-drench in their water, love the stuff. I would not use vinegar on chicks myself.
Yes I am following you! I noticed you the other day or week or whatevahs. I'll PM you so we can chat island style in a bit ;)
Having trouble with my "like" buttons. Meant to post:love

Okay I have 15 chicks and two more just hatching right now..yay!!
Also...

Question for any silkie people!!
what color is this chick?
View attachment 2163438
Sorry I was attempting to multitask (multitasking is a myth I decided..) and did not finish my post. Meant to say, I would love to see photos of your silkie hatch if you have time. So fun to see their coloring. I was hoping for a paint in my hatch, but it looks like you may have one! Will be fun to see how this one ends up! :love

So I reached out to them today and they said no problem to express ship them! I know it's going to cost more but honestly, it's worth it to mean considering it will get them out of the postal system faster and that means a better chance of a good hatch rate. Thanks so much for the suggestion! Are yours going into lock-down today or tomorrow?
Oh I'm so glad to hear that!! Mine go into lockdown tomorrow. I thought I was getting close to being in the clear, but I'm so nervous reading all the posts here with ones that got all the way to lockdown but then still didnt make it....fingers crossed I guess!

Back
Top Bottom