May hatch-a-long

Pics
:cafWell, as this is my first incubation of call ducks... I’ve read they may hatch as early as 26 days or they may come on day 28. I think these eggs are leaning towards 28. 2 of them appear to have positioned themselves with bills at the air cells but no internal pips, all 8 still have live embryos at this point. I am content knowing that! Now to wait a little longer.

Can I still join? Title say May hatchalong. ;)

I have 12 Black Copper Marans eggs that supposed to hatch May 3 or 4 but 7 days ago we discovered the incubator was never plugged in since I own half of the Brinsea incubator cost, a friend had it in her house and she forgot to plug it in. We candled yesterday and all 12 are viable 8 of hers were a dud, but probably hatching mid May, since day is so screwed up. We had great 100% hatching on this incubator, but human error? Ha ha not sure.

Now I set 7 eggs Tuesday on a new small incubator in our bedroom I bought last week (pricey booger... shhhh I didn’t tell the wife how much I pay for it) with some of our 2 wk old eggs. Boy didn’t realized this incubators wakes me up at night with humming sound of the fan and automatic egg turner every 45 min. Wife might kick me out with this incubator to the coop lol. With the kids cats I can’t place it anywhere without being knocked down, I dont go to laundry room, safest place .... our bedroom.

I have 12 Black Copper Marans eggs that supposed to hatch May 3 or 4 but 7 days ago we discovered the incubator was never plugged in since I own half of the Brinsea incubator cost, a friend had it in her house and she forgot to plug it in. We candled yesterday and all 12 are viable 8 of hers were a dud, but probably hatching mid May, since day is so screwed up. We had great 100% hatching on this incubator, but human error? Ha ha not sure.

Now I set 7 eggs Tuesday on a new small incubator in our bedroom I bought last week (pricey booger... shhhh I didn’t tell the wife how much I pay for it) with some of our 2 wk old eggs. Boy didn’t realized this incubators wakes me up at night with humming sound of the fan and automatic egg turner every 45 min. Wife might kick me out with this incubator to the coop lol. With the kids cats I can’t place it anywhere without being knocked down, I dont go to laundry room, safest place .... our bedroom.
it is never to late to join welcome to the hatch a long

Darn it, it didn't show up in the pictures. I really wanted to try to show you guys the subtle light different in a 2 day candling fertile vs not fertile. But on my camera they look the same. It's deffinatly one of those things you won't notice unless you candle every day or happen to have not a fertile and not fertile incubating.

Anyways to try to describe it these are light tan sebright bantam eggs. The non fertile eggs light up really yellow with a orangish mass the fetile eggs light up almost entirely orange as if the egg has been prescrambled in the shell. I'll try to get a another set and see if they turn out better.

Good new is it looks like I have 6 fertile sebright eggs of the 11 I started. Waiting till Tuesday (day 7) to confirm and toss

I know exactly what you're talking about! Here are some pics of Day 1, 2, 3 of my current incubation. The changes that early on are amazing! I took these to share with my daughter's Girl scout troop. They got so excited seeing the changes.

IMG_20180414_201949797.jpg

IMG_20180415_215900108_LL.jpg IMG_20180416_141853348_LL.jpg

I did that last hatch because we were painting our basement. I was worried about about fumes and the eggs. I don't use a auto turner but it was still an unusual sound that took some getting used to.

Where did your BCM eggs come from? Shipped or your own? The one in your avatar are gorgeous! I'm growing out 11 BCM chick right now. They're about 6-7 weeks old. Hoping for some really nice eggs like yours.

I have other adult Marans as well. 1 BCM roo, 1 BCM hen, 1 BlueCM hen, and 2 Splash hens. There is a small possibility some of the egg in this hatch are theirs. I switched roosters while collecting eggs. So it's anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom