MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

The first duckling hatched about ten minutes ago!
love.gif
SO HAPPY!!!

Awww congratulations
jumpy.gif

Thank you! I've got three ducklings bouncing around in the incubator now. There's still one other pipped that hasn't zipped yet.

smile.png

I'll post pictures after they're fluffed up.

Day 26, I can see lots of movement in 3 eggs, nothing in the other 2 which includes the one with the really small air sac and no internal pips in any yet. I do love how I'm able to candle them in this incubator without opening it :D

I'm looking forwards to these pics Wordgirl!

Day 26, I can see lots of movement in 3 eggs, nothing in the other 2 which includes the one with the really small air sac and no internal pips in any yet. I do love how I'm able to candle them in this incubator without opening it :D

I'm looking forwards to these pics Wordgirl!

oooh, tell a bit more about this incubator please?

I have

http://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/shop.ph...ce+Incubator+A0162+with+Automatic+Egg+Turning

It is a really good incubator, made things simple for first time hatching! There are a couple of downsides to it though. First is I need to lift the lid up to fill the water pots still and second is the air vents are tiny and I can't adjust them to let a bit of the humidity out if needed after they hatch.

For lockdown I placed each egg with the air sac to the outside and with any that were at an angle to have the biggest air space pointing upwards to make candling easier! It has worked really well for seeing what's going on without the need to lift the lid :D

So do you guys prefer to stand up your eggs (like in a carton) or lay them down in the bator when incubating them? we're having a mini argument over what to do at our house.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom