May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Nugget just hatched!!!!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Nugget is adorable!!! X3 Adorable!!!

HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE OES IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Well some of you from the April Hatch thread know that we had a pretty bad time of it. No chicks and slow cooked scrambled egg!!!!
ep.gif
We even thought I might end up with LIZARDS because we simply had no idea what the eggs were that turned up as they were Blue and the ordered eggs should have been white.

Well guys the incubator is wiped down and ready to roll and something wonderful happened this morning. NO eggs have been ordered from anywhere and yet in the post this very morning a box arrived and DH and I thought my that looks like badly packed eggs!!!!! We opended the tape that read fragile and there inside were six - YES 6 very lovely looking little WHITE EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are now on my dinning room table and so we will candle them to see if anything has a blood ring or looks damaged before we pop them into the BATOR - OMG can you believe that we got eggs and didn;t even complain to anyone about the last batch or even order new ones? I hope these were not the original ones lost in the post for 4 weeks????? Ummmmmm
hmm.png

They are however WHITE not BLUE and none were scrambled in the box this time!

wee.gif
OES is happy!!!!! Maybe they are albino LIZARD EGGS???????? OMG I still have no idea what I am hatching!
I hope you're "Albino Lizard Eggs" hatch Well! Much luck to you!

I cracked open 3 last night that had obvious blood rings and blood clot/spots. All 3 were dead, but almost 100% ready
sad.png

Then a few minutes ago my cat started spazzing out to get in the bedroom, and I heard chirping. I thought maybe a bird was in the house (my house is currently torn to pieces because of the flood and storms) but I walked in and one of my Marans is hatching!!! If none else hatch then I'll pick up a friend for him but after such a horrid week, this really made me smile
smile.png
Amazing! Love it! Go little guy go!

Thankyou, glad you liked it! The baby peep is doing fine, although the mother was really mean to it so I had to take it inside. Now it stays under my T-shirt, starts calling for mommy whenever I put her in the brooder. I have no idea how to get any sleep tonight
lol.png
all the other peeps are out in the coop so this one is alone in the brooder until the next one hatches... At least this will be one crazy tame chicken as she grows up! haha

If your chick died that fast it probably would have died anyways. They can stay in the shell for more than 24 hours as long as they have externally pipped. This one wasn't making progress for 24 hours before I started assisting. If I had intervened any earlier (I did check the inner membrane and found it full of bloodveins at 18h after external pip) the chick would have bled out. As soon as I saw there was no more blood left in the membrane I started peeling it off and helped the little one out.
Have you considered getting another peep from the coup to keep in the brooder with your little one so she won't be lonely?

OK, it is final, out of 42 eggs, 38 went into lockdown, and now 33 have hatched for 78.5%
I am going to be satisfied to just raise breeds I can find within driving distance.
Any guesses what this little beast is?
He looks like a chipmunk, the only one out of the whole batch that looks remotely this way.
Here is a link to the whole batch if you want to kill some time. I took a picture of every one.
http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Friar_Tuck_/library/misc/Chicks

Here were the eggs as they went into lockdown:

Quote:

Yes it would have been good if we knew what egg each one came from - it would have helped identify them -

Oes

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom