May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

OK, it is final, out of 42 eggs, 38 went into lockdown, and now 33 have hatched for 78.5%
I am going to be satisfied to just raise breeds I can find within driving distance.
Any guesses what this little beast is?
He looks like a chipmunk, the only one out of the whole batch that looks remotely this way.
Here is a link to the whole batch if you want to kill some time. I took a picture of every one.
http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Friar_Tuck_/library/misc/Chicks

Here were the eggs as they went into lockdown:
Your photos are awesome! Cuteness overload in the chick department! What a great deal you got on these little gems!

Those little gray ones with the feathers on their legs look like they could be olive egger MaransXes? They are really pretty chicks!

Last edited:
HHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got home tonight and just checked on the bator...

The temp went up to 108!!!!!!! I read further back that day 3 it would rise a bit but...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the lid off to let it cool down. So now what do I do???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got home tonight and just checked on the bator...

The temp went up to 108!!!!!!! I read further back that day 3 it would rise a bit but...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the lid off to let it cool down. So now what do I do???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no! Hope it hadn't been that way long...wishing luck! Time will tell if they are still kicking. Over 105 for an extended period of time can kill them...usually...but maybe they weren't that way long...maybe the thermometer is off...maybe there is a fighter in there? Much luck to you!

Oh that might be it, thanks! I will ask the seller if she meant Andalusian. Your birds were very pretty, Im sorry your dog got them. :(

Do you mean Blue Andalusians? I hatched some americauna x blue andalusians last summer, they were super friendly and cute. here's some pics;

They were both roos. my dog got them though, so I never saw them fully mature.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got home tonight and just checked on the bator...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

What??????? Dang! All you can do is stabilize the temp and candle later. Are you on day 3?

Back
Top Bottom