May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

I have 28 in lock down as of 5PM May 2,I have one wiggler.
smile.png
I sure hope things pick up,I'm getting a bit crossed eyed! lol

Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck

Well I tucked this motley crew of barnyard mixes into lockdown a day early, as I will be gone for a couple days.
Wish me luck!

those are really, REALLY gorgeous eggs! What breed is laying those beautiful blue ones for you?

Missyktsm,
Thanks, I liked the colors too.
I have no idea what laid these eggs (other than knowing they are chicken eggs), as I bought them at an exotic animal auction.
I have no idea who brought them to the sale.
In fact I did not even look at the eggs before I bought them, but I have less than $8 into the whole batch, so I figured it would be a grab bag hatch!
Jim

They are lovely - I do love a lucky dip hatch! We can all play guess the chick breeds when they arrive!!!!! I have only white eggs this time and I don;t know what they are either. What fun!!!!! Those green eggs are lovely too that one in the bottom Right is really olive coloured - you will sure have to keep us all updated and show us those chickies. I sure wanna see the one that comes from that egg and the lovely deep blue one middle row third in from the left! All you need now is a lovely Marans chocolate egg in there to make the set!

Oes - sure hope they hatch and you get hens laying those lovely blu/green eggs!!!!! I soooo want a blue/green egg layer!

Last edited:
They finally hatched. Not the best hatch. The Jaerhons were 90%, the Doms 50%, the orps White 75% the Lavenders only 1 of 8. They are cute though. All are new varietes or colors for me.

Tomorrow is hatch day! I see nothing moving so far. Anxious to see how many we get. Only 1 out of 18 on my last (first) hatch. Ten in the bator now all looked good candling on day 14. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom