Mcmurray Hatchery Araucanas

Would you happen to have a picture of your araucana/ameraucana EE? That is a mix I hope to breed next year. Also, how are the temperaments and personalities of your araucanas? I only have one right now, a rooster, and I couldn't ask for a better bird. He treats his hens great and has not once shown any aggression towards anyone. Just wondering if they are mild mannered birds in general.
My araucana roo, Napoleon, I got him only a couple months ago at 2 yrs old. He treats his girls very well, even if he can't quite figure out how to canoodle with such big girls (LOL), and he's not human aggressive AT ALL. He's awesome.
My other one is a little skittish, but she's still young, 13 weeks this weekend. The mix, for the record, she's a black breasted red araucana over a lavender ameraucana. She's only recently started to develop gold tones on her neck, but is otherwise black, with slate legs and white foot bottoms. Lovely muffs and beard too. She's no more skittish than I would expect; to people. To other chickens, when the older flock free ranges, she's the first to run over to the wire and try to stare down the adults. She's got big britches.
I'm going to have to go take a pic of her later when I get home. I can't find the recent one I had... But she looks like a typical black ameraucana, but with a light dusting of gold on the back of her neck.

My araucana roo, Napoleon, I got him only a couple months ago at 2 yrs old. He treats his girls very well, even if he can't quite figure out how to canoodle with such big girls (LOL), and he's not human aggressive AT ALL. He's awesome.
My other one is a little skittish, but she's still young, 13 weeks this weekend. The mix, for the record, she's a black breasted red araucana over a lavender ameraucana. She's only recently started to develop gold tones on her neck, but is otherwise black, with slate legs and white foot bottoms. Lovely muffs and beard too. She's no more skittish than I would expect; to people. To other chickens, when the older flock free ranges, she's the first to run over to the wire and try to stare down the adults. She's got big britches.
I'm going to have to go take a pic of her later when I get home. I can't find the recent one I had... But she looks like a typical black ameraucana, but with a light dusting of gold on the back of her neck.

I've been wondering what dominates...muffs or tufts. Sounds like maybe the muffs do, unless its a 50/50 chance.

Back
Top Bottom