Mean amberlinks??

M

Member 671655

These are some of the meanest birds I have ever met even though they are doing slightly better now since we rescued them , they cannibalize each others feathers and make each others skin red and sore. They also curse at me when I try to collect eggs. They let my kids collect without issue though. Could this be because they were mistreated in their last home, or are they just getting too old and testy and need to be stewed? They are almost 2 years old

Attachments

• 71553525630__2F707E65-D092-4C72-AB53-66FCEB1C44CC.jpeg
    71553525630__2F707E65-D092-4C72-AB53-66FCEB1C44CC.jpeg
    724.3 KB · Views: 946
They have b
Overcrowding and resultant boredom have resulted in bad habits. Sometimes space and free ranging can allow them to act like 'real' chickens.
i free range my chickens and they have a huge coop…. I don’t know what you mean by overcrowding. They were in that cage for transport only :/

How big is their coop exactly?
Do they only free range and don't have an enclosed run?
What is their diet?
Their diet is high in mealworms crickets and fish as well as oats molasses home made things and I guarantee you I spoil my chickens and ducks more than anyone I know food wise. They also free range entirely half an acre with a pond and no enclosed run. Their coop is home made entirely 14x 14

Their diet is high in mealworms crickets and fish as well as oats molasses home made things and I guarantee you I spoil my chickens and ducks more than anyone I know food wise. They also free range entirely half an acre with a pond and no enclosed run. Their coop is home made entirely 14x 14
I think their diet could be a problem, they may not be getting all the nutrients they need.
Are you able to get chicken layer feed or something of the sorts? I think it would help.
They do have plenty of coop and free ranging space!

They get everything that is in feed protein grains fresh fruits and veggies. Definitely not diet but thanks

They lay excellent quality eggs they are just mean. I am wondering if the adults that used to be the owners were just mean because they like kids just fine . I probably just need to be more patient or something. I will do more research. I have a flock of mostly rescued birds they probably need like a month to get to know each other better. I was just surprised they are so grumpy

They lay excellent quality eggs they are just mean. I am wondering if the adults that used to be the owners were just mean because they like kids just fine . I probably just need to be more patient or something. I will do more research. I have a flock of mostly rescued birds they probably need like a month to get to know each other better. I was just surprised they are so grumpy
Their past home definitely plays a factor I'd think.
How long have you had them?

Back
Top Bottom