Meat bird, Probably dying. Can I help her? Possible heart issue?

The solid white part is urates (like urine). I wonder if she is or was experiencing some kind of intestinal blockage. Meat birds will eat almost anything. But you'd need an x-ray to know for sure.

Bum was still fairly red, but less swollen looking. She was up and moving walking in the dining room and pooping, but when I went to put her out near the others in an isolation crate, she panicked started flapping her wings and dribbled a bunch of clear liquid from her beak. So we are now back almost where we started. Her comb went from a normal color to purple again. :hmm

I would suspect that she either has coccidiosis or possibly kidney or heart failure. I would give her the Corid by direct drench along with the water treatment, to see if she improves. Fortunately, there is no meat withdrawal if you need to butcher her early. So sorry, since she seems sweet.

No feed since last night, and I’ve been trying to entice her. Crop is empty, that’s just fluffed up feathers and chest fro the way she’s standing. @Eggcessive how much should I give for the direct drench. I’m thinking she is 3/4lbs?

0.1 ml per pound of undiluted Corid given twice a day is what Casportpony recommends.
3-4 lbs... not 3/4! thank you! I was trying to find that info last night but couldn’t I move them twice daily, but they still might get into a yum, poop let’s eat it situation...

Back
Top Bottom