meaties being processed today..

jessicayarno

Songster
8 Years
Oct 6, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I am sooo glad it's over.. They turned 8wks yesterday and this last week I have lost 2 more for a total of 5 lost... They are huge, I will give them that, but I hate wondering if I am going to find a dead one when I walk outside.. I am glad I raised them and was able to decide for myself that they aren't right for me...

I like raising them, but there is definitely a feeling of relief when they're all done! It's something like being on vacation the next day when you don't have to spend your day changing water, stirring bedding, and filling feeders.
smile.png

I hope you enjoy the meat! It's all a learning experience, right?

I'm happy for you that the "end has come"...but I admit to being a little sorry that you didn't enjoy the experience more! We've had such good luck with ours I guess, I just couldn't imagine raising too much else for meat except any extra roos that hatch out...but hey, like SIMZ said, it is a learning experience and at least you had it!

After my first trial batch I decided it was not for me. I said I would never do it again. Ever.
Well, I have another batch now. I kinda got stuck with them but I am actually enjoying the experience this time.

You may not enjoy it now but once you start eating those birds all the bad memories will begin to fade.

Darin

After a couple of months of taking them out of the freezer and enjoying how good the meat is, and after you've forgotten how much work, you might be back raising another batch.

Back
Top Bottom