Meditated pheasant feed for quail chicks?

Dani334

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2021
I have a newly hatched batch of quail chicks and my local feed store only carries Turkey starter or pheasant starter. I got the pheasant starter, because it is a finer ground up feed. It is medicated for cocid. Is this okay to feed them. The feed protien content is 27. I believe. Will this feed harm them? There is another local feed store, but they were out of stock on their game bird starter. So I opted for the pheasant starter. I have more quail chicks arriving in the mail wed.

Ive never used medicated but it shouldn’t hurt them if it’s formulated for game birds
It is a pheasant feed. With 27 %protien. I don't have very many options here. And I live an 2 hours + from other feed stores

I am also interested in this subject. I just got quail chicks also and giving them turkey feed 28%. Someone told me that coccidiosis is bad for quails and keep them off the ground. I prefer to get them a big cage where they can hide in the grass and little bushes etc. even fly around if they want to. I am doing quails for their eggs not meat. Can they get medicated quail feed? And what about eating their eggs? I live in Dade City Florida.

And here I was hoping they'd finally made a feed that calmed gamebirds down...lol
1623175633436.png

Medicated feed won't hurt them but I'd get them on regular gamebird feed, with 24 to 28% protein, ASAP!
But yes, Sean is correct.

Back
Top Bottom