Meds

What is a 4 n 1 and what type of dewormer are you planning on using?
Do you have a link to the 4 in 1?

I need to medicate my birds. Can I mix de-wormer with a 4 in 1? Or is it best to use them sepreately?
why are you mixing them? What do your birds have? Does the 4-1 have a wormer included? I don't think you should mix them. It can be stressful for the birds immune system, and the meds can work against each other.
What is a 4 n 1 and what type of dewormer are you planning on using?
Do you have a link to the 4 in 1?
a 4-1 is a type of pigeon treatment. It combines 4 treatments in one pill or powder. They can be effective, but not as much as a specific med for a specific illness. It is for when you do not know what your birds have, which is common when pigeons get sick, as there are lots of common diseases with similar symptoms, along with lots of diseases with different strains.

So, kiki, when are you getting pigeons? what about button quail? Mine are laying if you need to hatch eggs!

The 4 in 1 is for Canker, E.Coli, Paratyphoid & Coccidiosis. The de-wormer is moxidectin. I was counselled to medicate my birds every six months to maintain healthy birds.

The 4 in 1 is for Canker, E.Coli, Paratyphoid & Coccidiosis. The de-wormer is moxidectin. I was counselled to medicate my birds every six months to maintain healthy birds.
thats non-sense... Never treat birds unless they are sick. not even for wormer, unless you have an official start to the breeding season. if you do treat birds that arent sick, they can build up an immunity to the med, so that it is less effective when you need it. are your birds healthy? what are there droppings like? i like to add 2 tablespoons of ACV (apple cider vinegar) per gallon of water, this helps build up the immune system a lot, as well as kill any bacteria that enters the water.

I do not medicate to maintain health. I haven't had to worm my birds yet in 3 years. To maintain good health I strive to provide good food, clean water and a clean,dry, draft free loft that is not overcrowded. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom