Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
Rascal T. is my young man. He's about 8 weeks old.
smile.png

There's a story behind Rascal... Back in April, when we had started our search for "the Perfect Dairy Animal," we found a lady with a LaMancha/Nubian goat. I fell in love with her at first sight. Since goats can't be alone, we searched and searched for another doe to go with her. It was all very disappointing, because we couldn't find anyone with the right one for us. So we ended up getting a cow at the beginning of June. My mom kept saying that goats might be a possibility in the future. So Lexi (the goat I was in love with) stayed on the horizon.

About 3 weeks ago Lexi's owner gave us a call and said that she was ready to go any time. But we still didn't have another to go with her. So it was officially decided that we could not get Lexi. I was (and still am a little) disappointed, but I kept a good attitude.

Well, one day we were going to my aunt's house for a barbeque. When we got there, my aunt said, "Pick one." I was totally clueless as to what she meant, so I kind of stood there... Then my mom whispered something, and my aunt said, "Come see my babies." Then I saw the kittens in the corner with their mom. Just 2 of them. I knelt down and picked them both up. There was a gray one that looks just like her mom, and a black one with white toes, nose, and belly. And that one has silvery frost on its back. I loved that one. Now, every time I go to someone's house and they have kittens, I just have to ask my mom, "Can I have it??!!" even though I know the answer's no. Well, before I could even ask, Mom turned to me, and said that since I had such a good attitude about not getting Lexi, she and my older sister felt bad, and decided to let me get a kitten!! I was so happy I started crying. My aunt said both of the kittens were girls, so I could pick either one. Of course I chose the black one. I had to wait though, because they were still nursing.

So last Thursday, my aunt called and said that the kittens were being naughty, so come and get it! I was so excited. When we got home, we checked just to make sure it was a girl... And it's a boy. And actually, I've always wanted a boy cat.
smile.png

So just today we decided that his name is Rascal, and I add the T. "T" is for Trouble, and that's what he is.
lol.png
I put my foot down on Saturday night and made him sleep downstairs in the kitchen. He had been in my room, but he gets up at 5 every morning, and he meows, and runs around and wants to play for an hour and a half. Now, I've got to get up and milk the cow at 7, so I don't feel like being up that long! Sunday night was very nice... and quiet.

So, here's Rascal. He's a darling really. Oh, and he's got fleas, so we had to dust him with DE - that's why we put the bonnet on him.
tongue.png

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Oh, he gets lots of love.
smile.png

Got another picture I've got to share...

Single combat is exhausting...
IMG_0232.jpg

That's not posed. He fell asleep in my little brother's toy army helmet.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom