Meet the 8 New Babies *Pictures Pictures*

rosemi78

Songster
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Ashland, Missouri

I was going to lay paper towels down in the brooder per Sumi's advice, but I guess I used them all up last night when I filled the water containers in the incubator with them to keep the newly hatched chicks from jumping in and drowning. They're getting around pretty well on the newspaper, though, so hopefully it won't matter too much.

And this is the 8 that have hatched so far. There are still 3 left in the bator, and they weren't techinically due until today, so we'll see how they do... There's a pip in one of them, but I'm not sure if it pipped itself or if one of the other chicks gave it a helping peck, lol. I'm just really grateful for my first ever hatch going as well as it has... I've only had chickens for maybe 6 weeks now, and hatching eggs myself was pretty much a spur of the moment decision, but I always at least try to do things the best that I can and give good life to all the critters I have roaming around here. And all this with the cheapest, most generic LG incubator they make, lol. I'm a very proud momma.
yesss.gif

Last edited:
Whoo hooooo!!!!!! So awesome!!!!! What are all their names so far??!? They are so cute!!! Congrats!!!!!!! Keep us updated on the other 3!!!!!!! Yay!

Congratulations! I know you are eggcited. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my chicks from Murray.
Have you hatched any eggs before, ellie? I'm loving this experience and already have 2 dozen eggs waiting to go into the incubator when I'm finished with this first batch, lol.

Whoo hooooo!!!!!! So awesome!!!!! What are all their names so far??!? They are so cute!!! Congrats!!!!!!! Keep us updated on the other 3!!!!!!! Yay!
Well, we have Sonny and Cher, Pipper, Ducky Mo-Mo, Flare, Sam, ZeeBee & I haven't come up with one for the eighth baby. I'm really tempted to candle the last 3, especially since the majority have already hatched, but since it's just now day 21, I'll wait. Probably only until tomorrow, though. I had a couple temp spikes, and that might have advanced their expected hatch date, so I don't want to leave the late bloomers for too long before checking on them.

Congrats! They are so cute and that guy with the bare neck is hillarious!
I have 12 so far and 5 more left to hatch...I am going to wait until Sat to candle the rest...
I will try to get a pic of the flock but they are all under the Brinsea brooder! But they do come out when I call them which is priceless!
Good luck to the rest of your eggs!

Congrats! They are so cute and that guy with the bare neck is hillarious!
I have 12 so far and 5 more left to hatch...I am going to wait until Sat to candle the rest...
I will try to get a pic of the flock but they are all under the Brinsea brooder! But they do come out when I call them which is priceless!
Good luck to the rest of your eggs!
They come out when you call them? How freaking adorable!! Mine can all be out cold, but when they hear my voice, they'll pop right up and start chirping like there's no tomorrow. I love it.

I don't have high hopes for the last 3 eggs, to be honest. I have that feeling in my belly that it's just not gonna happen. We will see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Have you hatched any eggs before, ellie? I'm loving this experience and already have 2 dozen eggs waiting to go into the incubator when I'm finished with this first batch, lol.

Well, we have Sonny and Cher, Pipper, Ducky Mo-Mo, Flare, Sam, ZeeBee & I haven't come up with one for the eighth baby. I'm really tempted to candle the last 3, especially since the majority have already hatched, but since it's just now day 21, I'll wait. Probably only until tomorrow, though. I had a couple temp spikes, and that might have advanced their expected hatch date, so I don't want to leave the late bloomers for too long before checking on them.
No, I haven't done my own hatching. I have only placed an order for live chicks from the hatchery. I am thinking of buying an incubator, but it's just in the thinking about it stage for now. I ordered 25, received 27 split the order with another, they got 12 actually leaving me with 15 on February 25th. I am eggcited to watch their development. I get the biggest kick every time I go out to the chicken yard and they see me, they come running to see what new thing I have brought them. I usually try to take something even if its just a handful of grass I pull up from the yard. They are so cute.

Back
Top Bottom