Memory Loss and Scary Moment

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
This was a scary moment. Went to the bank to order a new debt card and she handed me the paperwork. It was the basic stuff: name, account number etc.
I got to the address line and for the life of me, I could NOT remember my address. I skipped over it so the woman wouldnt see me standing there contemplating my personal info and call security.
barnie.gif

I got through the rest of the questions and still had no clue as to my address. I kept coming up with the number 7180 which I knew wasnt it but I couldnt get past it.

Finally, I slipped my checkbook open under the guise of confirming my account number and got my address off of the check. Sadly, there was no AHA! moment. I just thought 'well, if its on the check, it must be right'.

I got back out to the car and told DH what happened and he reminded me that 7180 was our house number in NY...7 years ago. Egads!

I think I need some Ginko! (and maybe a brain scan?)

I don't mean to alarm you, but as a nurse, I would HIGHLY recommend at least a physical by your regular Dr. Have you been under an inordinant amount of stress recently? Do you have a history of heart or cardio vascular disease? Are you a smoker? These are all things that need to be talked over with your physician along with your family history. Especially if you have had any episodes of dizziness or affected vision, or numbness of tingling in your arms or legs. Please have this checked out. Blessings,Suz

Camelot, I'll tell you straight up that when I had a bout with depression about 10 years ago, I would be driving in an area where had I lived for years and COULD not remember where in the heck I was going. Frustrating as all get out!
Things like depression/stress(as jeaucamom said) can cause these blasted memory issues.

Last edited:
Quote:
Be sure to remember us in your Will.

Thanks Buff. I can always count on you to make me feel better....
th.gif

lau.gif

Well, I figure you've only got a few more weeks to go, so what the hey?

Actually Camelot, I'd have it checked out just to make sure. Maybe start by writing down every time you have one of those episodes and note the time of day, whether you took any medication beforehand, how much stress you were under at the time, etc. Maybe you'll find a pattern that would help a doctor figure it out.

That happens to me occasionally also and I'm 41. For life of me I can't remember our address. And yes, I too will be thinking a number of a place I lived before! This also happens with our phone number. I don't know why it happens, but I usually chalk it up to flatulence on the brain.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom