Meyer Hatchery

I believe Meyer's ducklings are shipped from the west coast and the chicks ship from Ohio.
Yeah I talked to someone today that worked there and they told me that but I had no idea prior and I didn't think to ask that. Defintley will get chickens from them but I will go straight through Metzer's for the ducks in the future.

Yeah I talked to someone today that worked there and they told me that but I had no idea prior and I didn't think to ask that. Defintley will get chickens from them but I will go straight through Metzer's for the ducks in the future.
I wouldn't have thought so either. I've just seem multiple references to ducks from Meyer shipping from CA. I look on their site once and saw a Q&A in which they said their waterfowl ships from the west coast.

I've ordered chicks from them twice. My biggest disappointments was getting two black "blue" Orpingtons in my first order, and an uncreasted Cream Legbar in my second. Minor stuff. Not much to complain about there really. :)

I ordered 3 female chicks, they threw in one for mishaps, and another thrown in because I promised to donate the meat or eggs from that one. They arrived in 2 days, one DOA. One more died the next day..so, I have 3 that I am very happy with and are doing great.

Yeah they had grogel on the way here and bought extra for home plus as soon as I got them home dipped their bills in water. They are all peeping and very active I think the saxony was just a little dehydrated from the trip because she is bouncing back some. Getting some extra cuddles from mom got the bands off was not as easy as they showed but all done!

Back
Top Bottom