Meyer Hatchery

Just wanted to let everyone know about our positive experiences with Meyer. We order some of my daughter's 4H birds from them and they are nice quality. We especially love the Buckeye breed that we have had a rough time finding at other hatcheries. With a couple of their shipments we have had losses, but they did refund the money. The packaging has always had enough holes in the box and they also place heating pads under the baby chicks feet to keep them warm.

Last year we ordered broiler chicks from Meyer and also from another hatcher in Iowa, just to experiment to see what birds we liked the best. We thought the Meyer broilers were healthier and grew heavier than the other hatcheries birds. So we ordered 3 more batches from Meyers and had good luck with all of the deliveries. Now this could be that we are closer to the Meyer Hatchery than to the one in Iowa, since we live in Maryland and Meyer is located in Ohio, not sure. Both hatcheries did include a few extra babies in the deliveries.

I just ordered 20 chicks from Meyers and everything has been wonderful. The chicks are VERY robust and healthy and I haven't lost a single one! I didn't think the shipping was bad, I think it was like around 20 bucks. I would DEFINITELY order from them again.

Like I said on another persons topic about Meyer Hatchery... I didint like there chicks... A lot die within 48-72 hours after you get them when they seem healthy but die like somthing hit them. Now, I have chicks that are almost 4 months old from Meyer and some are very crazy such as the GLW chicks I have... Never again will order from this hatchery.

Plus they don't offer Turkens chicks anymore. I was lucky and ordered/got 4 Turken males in October from Meyer when they used to sell Turkens, then like 1 month later they don't sell Turkens anymore... A hatchery that don't sell Turkens, I will not buy from!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom