Meyer's New Catalog Arrived

billfields

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
East Tennessee
The 2012 Meyer catalog arrived yesterday. Kinda made me nostalgic for this time last year when I was still building the coop and pondering what breeds to get! I don't plan to order this year, any chicks that I get next spring will be coming from under one of the chicks I ordered last spring
big_smile.png

I did notice---and this will make some folks here really happy---Meyer no longer refers to it's chicks as "Ameraucanas" but uses the term"Easter Eggers". One of my two has started to lay and gives me about 4 or 5 huge blue eggs a week. Even her first few were large, never started small and worked up like the others. And my rooster is great. I'm anxious to see what I can get mixing him with Dominique, various Wyandottes, Blue Andalusian, Sicilian Buttercup, Welsummers, Maran, Buff Orpington....but I have decided the only place the Campine's eggs are going is on the table. People tell me that there are nice, sane Campines and that may be true but Crazy Muriel's genes do not need to flow down the ages!
smile.png

edited for spelling

Last edited:
jealous! my catalog isn't here yet. and I totally agree with your thoughts on the campines. I got two in august and I've only been able to handle them a few times since, they are WILD

I got my Meyer catalog today, too. So much fun to look through it. I'd probably have hundreds of chickens if I had the room and the means to take care of them.
lau.gif

Can anybody tell me what the new breeds are that Meyer has added for 2012? A Meyer employee told me via phone that they were going to add a few new breeds. Don't have my catalog yet but am too anxious to wait
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom