Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan

They probly got worn out from all that fun in your pond! I hope you get eggs soon. Don't forget I still have the 2 young ones too. :)

2. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
  3. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] Sorry about the hatch Sam.
    Now that's a chicken I could buy. Easy to take care of.. just toss in the wash when needed. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Has anyone here made dandelion wine? The yard is almost yellow, so many of these sunny flowers! No chemicals or sprays are used on this country lawn, ever. I'd love to make use of them before I have to mow (and it really needs mown!).

I've got some 5 gallon glass carboys that haven't been used for beer making in a while. Ohh, now I want to make some dandelion ale! Even better!

5. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Today the Michigan Small Farm Council has submitted the Articles of Incorporation to the state.

I'm proud to be listed as one of the "incorporators" and a member of the board. We represent the urban, suburban and rural small farmer who often gets ignored by the state bureaucracies.

The group was formed as a result of our successful campaign of 2012 to keep wording out of the GAAMPs that would have outlawed farming for 80% of Michigan residents.

3 people like this.
  6. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't worry those kinds of things because I have enough to worry about.

7. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I got to have one of these!!!! Love it.

8. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    sorry about your poor hatch, AND your friends loss, that is a lot of birds to lose, Glad he is OK though
    how much are they going to be?? I may want more then 1 They are too cool all white, kids sizes?
    me too

9. ant1

ant1 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2013

Well, that's the language on the Troy animal permit anyway! But if u r in Troy I think you have a good case. They don't prevent any animals by ordinance but they evaluate each application individually. I have to get an inspection and can tell you all what they look for. Also anyone need want a rooster? Silkie x ameraucauna. I can't keep him per the city.

10. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    If people are interested in the shirt, my friend will allow us to purchase the design through her established cafe press store. We can get plain white shirts a little cheaper that way than if I set up a store. You'll be able to order in any size I think. I'll talk with her on Tuesday and verify and get more info... and pricing. I have a different shirt from her store that I drew and have had it for years so I know the quality is there.

More on this next week!
    Raz, congratulation on being appointed to the board,

Last edited: May 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by