Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I never heard of a fridge doing that yes thank goodness you were home.

Kimmie

2. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Theron I am sooooo sorry about this.

3. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Theron- I am so sorry! My heart just about froze when I read your post. The nerve of those bitty bodies! :rant

Thanks everyone regarding my niece. I have not met her yet as she and her mom and dad lives in Wisconsin. :hit But they will be coming over at the end of June for my sister #3 open house. :ya

4. RTFchickens

RTFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    USA
    I am sorry to hear about your being unable to raise your chickens Theron!
    Does the RTFA apply to your situation?

5. Amy PT

Amy PT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Michigan
    Theron, I hope you figure something out in order to keep your operation going. I know you take a lot of pride in the hard work you've done with your birds.

6. Amy PT

Amy PT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Michigan
    I have a hen who is trying to go broody. She has a "broody patch" on her belly, she spends at least an hour on her and her buddy's eggs. When I go to collect them, she puffs up in the nesting box, lets me pet her, and then decides she'd really rather go out in the run with her pal. She grumbles a bit before I pet her, but she calms right down.

Does this lazy broody hone with age, or is she just testing the waters? I dunno.

7. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Oh my gosh, Theron - I am SO, so sorry. I really hope you can find a good resolution.
    :(

8. tmkuroda

tmkuroda Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2013
    Grayling, Mi
    OMG! So SORRY Theron :( That sucks! On another bad note I called my dad and he said the garden is totally dead! Oh well looks like I will rip everything out this weekend and start again![​IMG] It was only a small bed and I over crowded them and needed to make another bed so I will just do it right this weekend.:) next month I am going to start working on making a chicken coop for my chickens next year. I figure with all the money I save using old wood I can buy a coop door opener. Has anyone used solar energy to keep the water from freezing in the winter?

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Theron....... Chickenstock may be a good time to re-home some of your birds. I hope you guys find some property soon!

10. fuzzybutt love

fuzzybutt love Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Originally Posted by taprock [​IMG] Is that a BEARDED uggo??? I love it! (Cheek puffs, anyway. Silly Uggos!)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by