Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RTFchickens

RTFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    USA
    T
    The only stupid question, is the one that's not asked......

[COLOR=800080]Michigan Chickenstock 2013[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=800080]June 22[SUP]nd[/SUP], 10am-3pm
[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=800080]Delta Mills Park
[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=800080]6841 Old River Trail
 * Lansing, MI  48917[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]It's when all us crazy chicken people on here........ gather in one spot.......... and have a good time!   Kinda like a family reunion....... and I believe it gets bigger every year.    It's free to attend, though we do ask for a donation to help pay for the pavilion rental and some of the food cost for meat.   And a dish to pass if you plan on eating some great food with the rest of us.   There are links that I will add shortly.[/COLOR]

[/quote
    SillyChicken, thanks for that info! I would love to go, but unfortunately I have to work 7am to 7pm that day. I will try to make it next year!

2. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    I had two that didn't have the dot, one was pullet, the other was roo. [​IMG]

3. Wrightsx4

Wrightsx4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Northwest Michigan
    Mine with a tan dot was male, black dot was female. I guess it wasn't a sex linked indicator.

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Reading about the critical or unkind comments that are too often posted on other threads makes me proud to be a small part of this one. As Silly Chicken said, on this thread the only dumb question is the one unasked. You'll never be demeaned because you don't know something.

Almost every time someone posts a question someone will immediately respond. Occasionally the first few responding might not know the answer but will refer you to who they think may have the answer. On occasion it may take a while to get an answer but that is only because the person who can answer it hasn't been on line.

There also is detectable sense of camaraderie and caring that is apparent once you read a few pages of the thread and the annual Chickenstock is an opportunity to put faces with the names you've come to know on this thread.

Each year the event has gotten larger and it's hard to imagine not spending a few hours with our BYC friends. I hope this year's will be the largest ever and I am looking forward to attending.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  5. Wrightsx4

Wrightsx4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Northwest Michigan
    I wish I could have that Saturday off to go to Chickenstock! It sounds like such a nice time I'd I'd love to meet as many of you as I could. Maybe next year :)

6. tdhenson86

tdhenson86 Poultry People

[​IMG] I'm so glad it's working out for you! Maybe not ideal, but at least you get to keep them all!

7. tdhenson86

tdhenson86 Poultry People

Does anyone know of organic or low risk sprays for apple trees? I need something that kills bugs and fungus in particular. [​IMG]

8. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the paint job what a difference. I agree the little ones are so funny. The old ladies are so determined to keep the little guys in their place. My little guys are about 4 months and one of the cockerel's got frisky with one of the old ladies she got so mad that she pecked his head and hung on poor guy just doing what nature told him to do and the old lady didn't care.

9. naglady

naglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    it wasnt a raccoon that i caught yesturday that was getting my chicks.. it was a skunk and he is still in there, we got all the chicks out.. so thats a good thing, but now how to i get this skunk out of the small coop without spraying.. i am online looking to see where i can get a good shot.. already relocated the other chicks to a different location.. glad they didnt get hurt..

i will be combining the 8 adults in one coop and the 2 1/2 months old will have the other coop and run..

Its time and now i have to.. that little coop is not good enough to protect them..

how can i get rid of this skunk without stink.. any suggestion. I know i may be asking for a miracle

10. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my chicks hatched but it don't look good it has a huge belly with something gross on it. Got another that pipped but has not made progress, I hear it peeping in there. I had problems with incubating this time, one of the incubators broke, the heating element stop working when I noticed the temp was down to 84 for how long the last I checked was at least 4 hours before so I had to move all the eggs to my other incubator, next day went out and bought another incubator moved them back. The chick that hatched was suppose to hatch on that day I was surprised because of the problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by