Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    Also trying to decide which two of these three cockerals to keep. I wasn't expecting the pretty mille fleur coloring on the one, but he seems a bit larger. I will probably wait until they grow out more before rehoming one of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Amy PT

Amy PT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Michigan
    Raz, mow down the butterfly garden?! Sheesh. Unfortunately, I think your neighbors are going to continue to passive-aggressively harass you. Is moving and renting a possibility? Are you interested in leaving your current home?

3. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    One of my little 8 week old roos mounted one of my older hens! It was hilarious! He's half her size. [​IMG]

4. Amy PT

Amy PT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Michigan
    My husband just took a new job as a year round camp on Lake Michigan. Wheeeee!! We're pretty excited, but for the time being, we have to be flaky with summer plans.
    I'd like to come to Chickenstock with my husband and 2 kids, but we won't likely know if it's feasible until closer to the event. Okay to just show up with pot luck stuff and maybe raffle items? And maybe a porcelain d'uccle cockerel and silkie cockerel (or maybe a pair if we can bear to give her up).

5. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    RaZ -- I get the "legal" part of this... But gol dang, this really starting to sound like harassment to me.

I think at this point I would call ACLU. Now your butterfly garden??! ***! Omgoodness I just got censored! I said "What in the world!!!!!!!" sort of.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  6. naglady

naglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    Raz dont they have a real crime to solve. man this is disturbing to me that they can even get away with harassing you.. mow down a butterfly garden.. what next..

7. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    YOU ARE A ROYAL PAIN IN THEIR A---- and they want you GONE I am so sorry you are having all this trouble[​IMG]
    wow this sounds like a fun job------and YES it is OK to just show up

hope the rain stops soon or I may have to go out and work in the rain (I might melt)

8. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    What did they mean by that? I'm guessing it wasn't in a sympathetic tone.

9. Living the Simple Life

Living the Simple Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Man, at this point I would be tempted to start heading out to all the goodwills, St. Vincents, etc. and buying as much crappy holiday decor as I could get my hands on. If they don't like your landscaping, perhaps they would be more interested in looking at Christmas lights and Santa figurines all year long....some people really need to get lives!!!

10. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Raz I think we should have a party at your house, don't you? An old fashioned hoe down, hahahaha. All of us will come we will be in the front yard and back yard. Hey maybe we ought to have a get together there once a month an all nighter till we are told to disperse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by