Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Dude, you know you shouldn't post photos of illegal contraband... geeesh... oh wait... that was from your other life! nevermind!

Welcome back @Candy442 ....glad you're feeling better!

Hi Candy!! Hope all is well with you now!

welcome back Candy! Hope your health issues are behind you now!

Thank you all, yes I am finally able to say I am on the upswing! Now planning on spring hatches as soon as it warms up enough for the boys to get into the mood ;) Our girls are producing eggs like mad though!
Hope everyone gets to Chickenstock this year.

@Folly's place We will look into an order for Chanteclers, right? Brett told me you and he discussed it and hopefully I can chat with you about an order. I am only getting five Whites. Adding 10 Iowa's and 10 Black Penedescencas this year. That's 25, are you going for 25 yourself?

Hello @glambka! Nice to see you. Thanks @1muttsfan :) Nice to be following the thread again.

Our ducks were doing great laying until the January cold snap then they stopped completely. Not sure if that is like geese or not, but was surprising. I guess we must have had a mild winter until then :)

We are looking to add some Penedescencas this year. I like their dark brown eggs and we have had no luck with Maran's hatches at all. If anyone has them, let me know. I read they are flighty at times like leghorns.

For all you that have geese out there...when do they start laying? Is it too early?
They could start laying anytime. Last year my Chinese goose laid her first egg in mid February. She is no longer here...went over the Rainbow Bridge.

My Cotton Patch goose and gander have been mating the past week, so I think possibly she'll be laying soon.

It could depend on breed on how early they start laying. I'm not very experienced with geese, so I'll find out for myself too.

Back
Top Bottom