Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yeah, below zero Friday night/Saturday morning is what they're saying.

The chickens have been outside every day, no matter the weather, except when the wind was just right and blew an inch or two of snow into the run. Then they stayed inside. :idunno

IMG_20200111_213612.jpg

Oh, like 45 to 50 miles. IDK maybe less. I am between Montague and Shelby towns. 15 miles into Oceana county past Muskegon county through 31N. That is why I failed multiple times my navigation course in the Army. Lol
More like 5-10 miles.
Tho you may get more snow during lake effect storms,
often it is a bit warmer closer to the lake than it is inland.

More like 5-10 miles.
Tho you may get more snow during lake effect storms,
often it is a bit warmer closer to the lake than it is inland.
Dang! I still failing navigation,lol
I get lotsa snow for sure. It was knee high last time I had to walk back of the house. The wind is bad since there is nothing high anyway I look at [ N,W,E,S] Had some leftover rice and sardines and they had a party. Storm comes and will hang them cabbage I just got from WallyWorld, lol. They do drink plenty of water. Had to bring more today and Sunday night cleaned the waterers. Hope to figure out a pump of some sort,lol I gave up on the bottled water. Too expensive. Only once a week is enough.

And I will! :barnie I hit the big 60 mid-month. Hey, beats the alternative, so I'm ok with it.

Nah, the wind blows. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well, I guess we're going to get more than the 2" they thought yesterday. That's ok. I'm going to Meijers this morning, and I'll make sure the gas can is full, in case we lose power. So glad I don't have to go out in it anymore.
LOL, sally, I guess it depends on which way the wind is going!

Can't say I'm not enjoying the warm temps and sun.
Fixed(kinda) the mailbox and all old snow and ice pack removed from patio,
that's a good thing.
Hearing the rain is weird.

Hope to figure out a pump of some sort,lol I gave up on the bottled water. Too expensive. Only once a week is enough.
You buy bottled water for the chickens?!
Can't just carry a jug out that was filled inside your house?

You buy bottled water for the chickens?!
Can't just carry a jug out that was filled inside your house?
The water from the well here is pretty bad and it smells funky. Had it tested and it is too high in sulfate and iron. I only use it for washing dishes and clothes and shower. I have to use a very expensive shampoo to avoid my hair turning red. Not that red is bad but at my age is not the best. Besides, I have olive skin color and orange red does not look good on me,lol
Everything else, yes is bottle water, Me, cooking, dog and chickens. But now in winter time, since the warmer is on I have been mising it during the week and then once a week, it is just bottled water. I get the spring water from Florida for me to drink. then the cheap that tastes horrible, purified water for cooking and pets.
I know, it is not that I want my pets to be in bottled water. Trust me, not even for me. I only drink bottled water if it is spring water Zephyrhills or just plain tap water. But here is very bad. I also use bottled water to brush my teeth. But since it is so high in sulfur, I worry. Then you hear about what happened in Fllint and lately in Benton Harbor and it is scary. I am not scared of dying but yest to have an illness that I could have prevented. Like this darn HBP which I am ready to get on pills as well as for diabetes. Not being able to do what I like because something hurts is aweful. So I am now back to 213 and it is deprimenting. I just need to break the 200,lol like 199,lol

Back
Top Bottom