Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
What's that old saying? Whistling women and crowing hens always come to bad ends?

Ready for spring, tired of subzero temps, -3 here this morning

hmmmm, maybe I should stop whistling! nahhhhhhhhhh!
wink.png

I can't believe, (ok I really can) I went and got yet another concert ticket... at least this one is in Michigan! I've got a couple girl friends going with me, plus, I have back stage meet n greet passes. I hope to get some of my drawings signed by the band... hope to anyway. I have one more to finish and then need professional copies made. Not sure if I should have them sign the originals, or copies.

We decided to put bees on hold till next year. We want to get the rabbits all newly caged and set up right before spending more money on another project. I might make a hive out of some scraps. We've had a few naturalized swarms the last few years in our area.. hopefully we'll get adopted and won't have to spend any cash!!

Bummer about that noisy hen... I found out recently that we're zoned agricultural and since we're on over 10 acres, no one can say squat about my roosters!

Our neighbors got forclosed on so we're watching the property... I think people have been intruding but it's hard to keep an eye on it. They totally trashed the place to (although it was trashed when they lived there) We're actually hoping to get it. The house is an old log cabin.. unfortunatly, it's in disrepair and may be better suited for a bon fire, but it could be something we could fix, and rent or we could split the house hold(tax purposes)...they have a few outbuildings that would be great for live stock or hay storage!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hey! The sun is shining!!! It's gonna be a good day!

Last edited:
Oh my. It's 1 degree out there, and that's without the wind chill. But... there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Weatherman says that this is probably the last cold spell we'll have. the temps shoud be coming up!! Yeah, the 30's are in sight! The sun is out, so it does look pretty outside. Gotta get and go take care of the birds, tame and the wild ones also. Take care and have a good day.

51 Days Until April 1

It's looking like we'll be seeing that mud sooner rather than later. Mostly sunny and 30+ from Saturday throughout most of next week.
celebrate.gif

As much as the mud is a pain in cleaning up, dealing with the animals, etc. I'm all for it if the choice is cold and snow or mud. Give me MUD!
roll.png

Well I have a chicken in the house for now, something I didn't really want to do. But this case is a special exception as it's temporary.
My littlest silkie managed to collect poop on her bottom feathers so I brought her in to soak it off. Now she's damp and I have her inside to dry off.
I feel bad for her because she was quite freaked out about the new environment, be she seems to have relaxed some so I think she'll be okay.

Quote:
LOL! I'll give you one guess! Will be seeing Korn
droolin.gif
Disturbed tour again! (Yes I'm an obsessed fan what can I say!
love.gif
)

Quote:
Aren't they funny. One of our roos is the best mouser. Better than any cat I've ever seen.

Last year I raised some Isa Browns from townline hatchery for someone, and I didn't have any mice nor any sparrows in the barn. I didn't understand why until I saw them chasing away any sparrow that landed anywhere in their area or near the feeders. As soon as I sold those chickens the sparrows and mice returned.

Blessisngs

Harold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom