Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Try brkuk, he's in SE Mi and has great birds.

Also I have bantams, standards and a pair of ducks that do fine together. They are all less than 2 months different in age and were raised in 2 groups (1. bantams were hatched first week in April & 2. ducks and standard size chicks in mid May). The fast-growing ducklings protected "their" chicks from bullying from the older Bantams until the Standards outgrew them. Ducks are MUCH messier by the way.

Thanks for the kind words Mish. I am booked on BCM chicks and hatching eggs. I will have chicks available in June. Thanks again Mish. See you soon. Take care

I see you still have your Silver Sussex listed in your signature....still interested
wink.png

Hey KrisRose and Chickflick, I'm in Davison too. (Gale Rd.) I'm a new chicken raiser, for 3-weeks now. I'd love to find some other chicken enthusiasts to trade chores with from time to time. I have fallen in love with chickens! I started with a flock because I wanted organic meat. My first order was for a "practice flock" of 13 chickens to learn from. I got 26 chicks from the hatchery! They are doing great, (I only lost one). But now I need some egg layers so Tuesday my pullets are coming. Two BO, two BU and two EEs, plus 10 more meaties.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with chickens.

Hi Mrsteiner! Krisrose (Kristen)and I (Rose) live off of Irish Rd...on Noblet. Where on Gale Rd are you? I see chickens at a house next to the walking trail, but you said you are new, so that's not you. Oh, we love chickens! lol. We'll have to make plans to meet!

Quote:
Be sure to say Hi to us, we'll be there next to or near a Green Ford Ranger, Either a normal looking one or an ugly one with big tires:frow. Guess which one is mine!
wink.png

Happy St Pats day, Hopefully the celebrators are at home having a good time or have a DD.

Its going to be a fun and fast weekend, In-laws stopping in on their way up to the cottage, 42 eggs in the bator due Friday/Saturday, Yard work, clean the coop if its damp or wet inside, prep for the swap meet.

Its time for Big Bang Theory, Catch everyone latter

Uncle Bubba
a.k.a. Phil

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Mish. I am booked on BCM chicks and hatching eggs. I will have chicks available in June. Thanks again Mish. See you soon. Take care

I see you still have your Silver Sussex listed in your signature....still interested
wink.png

I have two silvers now but I have lined up a connection for more. I don't care for the look or size of my silvers. I will have hatching eggs this fall for silvers or another rare line. Take care.

I just got my lavender ameraucanas from crystalcreek on here. They were wrapped up great, no breakage and plenty of extras. The color of the eggs are great. Can't wait to hatch these out.

Morning all
caf.gif

Im/patiently waiting for two eggs in the 'bator to hatch. Day 22 ... had some pipping but not much. Resisting the urge to go in and break them open. We've had too much death around here lately, for the chicks to make it would REALLY be a boost when I need one.

Quote:
Good luck!! I have ONE single duck egg pipping. What am I going to do with ONE egg? This is the egg that my Frizzle was incubating along with all the other INFERTILE duck eggs. When I pulled them out from under her and added the chicken eggs, I candled the eggs. This egg was thriving so I put it in my incubator. Now, its day 28- and I have no chicken eggs due to hatch until midweek. TSC wont sell me a single duckling for a friend, so I am going to have a lonely duck. It is a runner/muscovy cross. So, it will be an infertile mule.

But it will still be looking for a buddy. There is someone in Trenton who hatches ducks. I may contact them and see if they have a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom