Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A 2nd incubator is definitely on the horizon, but can't happen til May 1st. I'm buying two or Aric is making 2 depends on what's going on then. But for now I'm kinda screwed.

Thanks for looking back on that Kim. I forgot I had posted about that!

Scratch that. I will be purchasing a new incubator tomorrow!!!
celebrate.gif
. But it won't solve the issues with the eggs in the current one. If they do start hatching this week, would it be safe to remove them even though I don't know when the rest will hatch?

For your situation, I would wait it out- and once you have fluffy babies, and dont see anymore hatching- take them out quickly and put them in your brooder. Put your eggs that you know the hatch due date- the EE and the ones you were holding to start once you got your incubator- in the new incubator.

Just because you have eggs and empty spaces in an incubator doesn't mean you should try to hatch them. Staggered hatches are difficult even for those well experienced. While trying to deal with chicks hatching at different intervals without killing the remaining eggs is a big issue, your problems are just beginning. Brooding chickens of different ages becomes very difficult unless you have lots of brooders. Patience is the key to success with chicks. You will find it is less stressful to slow down and hatch eggs one batch at a time. Your success rate will be much higher.

Spring has been here for almost a month and yet
10233_winter_snow_1.gif
Man I'm getting tired of this.

Last edited:
Good Morning Sam!
Its snowing hard outside right now- according to my husband.
I have chosen to ignore it. If I ignore it, perhaps it will go away.

The weather human just now said our high temps will be 58 degrees. I am going to wait for that and see if it happens.

It's snowing quite hard here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will finally be over and done with by Chickenstock. Since it is still 68 days away maybe we have a decent shot at the snow being gone by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom