Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
OMG, you don't need to do that. I'll have $45, quite a bit owed to theron I think. I'm bringing chicks and ducklings to either trade or sell and some duck eggs to sell. Hopefully I'll have enough
fl.gif

Darned inbox...I clean it out once a week I just can't keep up with it lol

Must have had a hawk buzz the yard today while we were out.
hmm.png

We've been letting the chickens range in the yard for a few weeks now and the babies (adopted by our broody silkie) have been getting along well with the flock. We got home today and couldn't see or hear any chickens in the yard. I looked all over, finally found a few under the lilac and a few others under some peonies. One chick had squeezed under the fence in a panic and was hiding among the sun flower stalks. I thought we had lost one or two, but we found them all after a bit.
They're now all bunched under the lilac staying quiet, doesn't seem like they'll come out until it's time to go to the coop.

BF and I have plans with friends tomorrow so we won't be at Chickenstock. He's been having back trouble too, and the ride there and back would just hurt him more.
Have fun you guys!

FYI

Three of the chicks that hatched last night are silkies. That makes 4 silkies I'm bringing to chickenstock, 3 black and 1 white
celebrate.gif

More are hatching as I type!!!

I wonder if I can use them for bargaining chips somehow
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you've got a pullet, Nigellas. She's young, so her tail will come in more as she matures. Another coop mate may have pulled a few of them out for her.
hide.gif

I agree, a pretty pullet.

I have hand sanitizer on the list, I will be bringing a couple of bottles and also some clorox wipes.

WELCOME plantoneonme! Please join in on the fun tomorrow, we would love to meet you!

Bad news, they cannot put our well in till July 5th. Thank goodness they set us up with a 1000 gallon water tank and pump so we can shower, wash dishes and flush. Still have to get out drinking water from next door.

Last edited:
Have about 60 bottles of honey. Gave a 2 pounder to the old guy who lives behind me.
Also have 12 quarts of homemade relish.
Crockpot of calico beans smells very good, gonna take some willpower to get it to the picnic.
Still have to round up the birds and get them in the truck.

And just a warning...I'm bringing a friend along that I've known since Jr. High. hi is NOT my girlfriend...She is my "wingman" for for trying to pick up single chicks.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
So umm, what's my total with you up to now?? lol

well, here is what happened: there will be a pair of seramas for you because the other serama chick is really under the weather and i wouldn't feel safe bringing it
hmm.png
We have 4 serama hatching eggs for you though and 1 dozen hatching eggs from our mixed egg flock.
smile.png
We also have duccle chicks along with 4 duccle hatching eggs.

The 3 BSL pullets have been kind of lost since I gave away the 3 BO's. They are still as friendly as ever but when I let them into the garage for the night, the boldest one jumped up on the motorcycle and then into the garage rafters. The other 2 quickly followed suit. It was if saying "you are not taking us to Chickenstock".

Waiting for full dark and then I'll pull the ducks and big chicks for the road trip tomorrow. I'm thinking that the 3 BSL's will stay home...Forget the whiney neighbor. I'm keeping 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom