Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here attending Fowlfest. April 28th? It is a very nice show, even if your just come to check out the sale area. This year they will hold the Michigan State 4H palooza . A lot of good info.. for any new chicken fanciers.
smile.png

I am. Hoping to bring some waterfowl to show.

love.gif

Looks like mom is taking good care of them. The gray chicks I think are the coolest looking. We have two here we hatched ourself. Looks like you got a nice variety.

How many chicks hatched total? I must have forgot how many you said.

I think we ended up with 24. Its hard to count them, but I think mom hen has 16, and I have 8 in here. There were some technical difficulties with humidity at the end, and some didnt make it out. And then, this morning at 2ish, I heard peeping in the incubator, and we had one more hatch! Yay for the little bumblebee..

I think we ended up with 24. Its hard to count them, but I think mom hen has 16, and I have 8 in here. There were some technical difficulties with humidity at the end, and some didnt make it out. And then, this morning at 2ish, I heard peeping in the incubator, and we had one more hatch! Yay for the little bumblebee..

and we sent you 30 eggs correct? That is not too bad of a hatch.

Has anyone heard from Susan? Yorkchick that is? She is in Dexter I believe, and I am curious how she and her family faired yesterdays tornado...
this mornings fog was a nightmare. Walking in it was just so oppressive. I just couldn't get up speed and it took me 1.5 hours to walk the 3 miles. And another 30 just to drive the section it normally only take 15... Breathing was not a challenge, but like putting my face over a cool mister. Well at least I didn't need a bottle of water...

Hello from "greater metro Dexter"! Emphasis today on "greater metro." We are in the Dexter school district, and it's the closest "burg" to us, but far enough away that we didn't even get especially high winds yesterday. We got some pretty intense hail and thunder/lightning. I had a migraine and had gone to bed after medicating up, just when the first hail came through. Then the DH got home, came up, asked me if the chickens needed to come in. Groggily, I said, "they know how to get out of the weather if they want to," rolled over and went back to sleep. Then after however long the DH came back, told me there were tornado warnings in the area, I had to get up because the upstairs was the least safe part of the house, we might need to go to the basement. (Basement would be only marginally safer because it is a walkout with a sliding glass door, but the best we would have...) Here I am compelled to admit that I was not very gracious about the DH's concern. "I feel like crap! I don't WANNA get up! I wanna sleep!" But making use of both his Bossiness and Worrywort genes, he managed to pry me out of bed. By this time the storm was abating, and as I said, it never was too bad at our house. Eventually (like by today) I did come to appreciate DH's concern...

I hear the Dexter Mill, where I shop a lot, was devastated. Haven't left the house yet today to drive anound and see what's what. I know a lot of people are homeless today. Amazing that no one was hurt.

I haven't caught up with the MI thread yet--our internet was down till just now because of the storm. (Really down this time instead of just my incompetence getting the I Pad to work with our wireless signal). Haa anyone heard from b737drvr? Milan I think also got some heavy weather. Before all this went down, b737 and his very charming family came over and I enjoyed that visit very much. His kids are going to be awesome with their new chickies. Very interested in the birds, confident but respectful, very eager to help. Wonderful family!

Hello from "greater metro Dexter"! Emphasis today on "greater metro." We are in the Dexter school district, and it's the closest "burg" to us, but far enough away that we didn't even get especially high winds yesterday. We got some pretty intense hail and thunder/lightning. I had a migraine and had gone to bed after medicating up, just when the first hail came through. Then the DH got home, came up, asked me if the chickens needed to come in. Groggily, I said, "they know how to get out of the weather if they want to," rolled over and went back to sleep. Then after however long the DH came back, told me there were tornado warnings in the area, I had to get up because the upstairs was the least safe part of the house, we might need to go to the basement. (Basement would be only marginally safer because it is a walkout with a sliding glass door, but the best we would have...) Here I am compelled to admit that I was not very gracious about the DH's concern. "I feel like crap! I don't WANNA get up! I wanna sleep!" But making use of both his Bossiness and Worrywort genes, he managed to pry me out of bed. By this time the storm was abating, and as I said, it never was too bad at our house. Eventually (like by today) I did come to appreciate DH's concern...
I hear the Dexter Mill, where I shop a lot, was devastated. Haven't left the house yet today to drive anound and see what's what. I know a lot of people are homeless today. Amazing that no one was hurt.
I haven't caught up with the MI thread yet--our internet was down till just now because of the storm. (Really down this time instead of just my incompetence getting the I Pad to work with our wireless signal). Haa anyone heard from b737drvr? Milan I think also got some heavy weather. Before all this went down, b737 and his very charming family came over and I enjoyed that visit very much. His kids are going to be awesome with their new chickies. Very interested in the birds, confident but respectful, very eager to help. Wonderful family!
Yay so glad you are safe!

Mom glad you are feeling better.

Quote:
oh theres no way I can do it. I cant even sit or stand or pee or nothing without pain. Thats why if I would have gotten flogged, I woulda had to call 911.. I found some tylenol 3 from when my husband got his tooth pulled a couple months ago. It is a life saver.

I am a handful of pages behind right now, and no time to read them at the moment, so forgive me if this is redundant. I am also allergic to morphine, which I also had the pleasure of finding out after a serious surgery. :( This is all pretty foggy, I vaguely remember briefly waking up in recovery to the most amazing pain ever, (and this is coming from someone who has birthed two babies at home!
tongue.png
) before blacking out. I also remember waking up again because they got the wheels of my bed stuck in the elevator, and despite the overwhelming pain, I laughed in my head at how ridiculous it was that the hospital beds should not fit through the hospital elevators. Then I blacked out again, lol.

Anyway, it took them two days to realize the reason I was dying was the morphine, and then they switched me over to something else, and it is after that I remember waking up the first time with any sense of clarity. I tried to look it up for you, but I am afraid I couldn't figure it out. The only thing I remember is that it started with a "D", and I don't know if it is something they can send home, I had it intravenously. I would certainly ask, though, if you are still in that much pain. There are alternatives.

As a side note, I am also allergic to codeine, and probably many opiates, which you would think might be obvious from the morphine reaction, but it was the same hospital that I had the surgery done at, (U of M,) that looked over my extensive allergies, (which I gained in cancer treatment, bah!) and prescribed me codeine. It was awful, so watch out for that!

Juise-
Did you get ahold of Destiny Farms? Are you still making the trip on Sunday?

I am not allergic to codeine but am definitely to Morphine- they tried to kill me in the e.r. and had to run and get oxygen and my heart was going to explode out of my chest, all the while I could not breathe. Then wouldnt let me out of the e.r. because "my heart rate was ridiculously high"...and hydrocodone puts me on the floor flushing and nauseous. Darvocet was my drug of choice for pain until they recalled it forever.

I called the doctor..the surgeon. I told him about my swelling and bruising in a span of four hours after coughing. He didnt seem concerned at all. Told me to put a heating pad on it. So, fine. I am sitting here in 80 degrees with a heating pad on my belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom