Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon!

I am heading off for a nap! Long weekend and I need to refresh my energy.
caf.gif

My girls did not make it in the musical they tryed out for. My cousins, daughter did. We are very proud and happy for her. We cannot wait to watch the performance!
ya.gif

My daughter, Emily, is really liking the smilies!!!!
tongue2.gif

Sarah

Ooopsy Daisy -- DH actually thought about keeping the turtle to make soup with,but we really didn't have a way to get it back to the truck. With the four of us in the boat and it not fitting in the live well, I don't think that would've worked too good.
Butchered 8 chickens today - 4 roos and 4 hens. The hens were BOs which I hated to do, but they were bought for that purpose this spring. I got straight run and wouldn't you know, they were all hens!! What are the chances! You want hens you get roos. Go figure! Also pulled all the veggie plants, canned more veggies, cleaned the coop, and still had time to watch the Packer game. Rodgers SUCKS!!

my fingers are working again!!!! i missed ya'll!

i will have to read back to catch up and see what is going on! i am just so excited to be able to feel my fingers again. they are still numb, but i can feel the numbness instead of just weirdness!

thanks guys!

happy b'day to Shelley! woo hoo!

i am whipped today! i did a 2 mile work out video in the morning and then Elizabeth and i did a three mile work out video in the evening. oh my gosh, we totally kicked butt! we were doing knee lifts like nobody's business!
tongue.png
i wonder how many miles i walked out there too???

made a huge pot of homemade beef and veggie soup. Elizabeth made corn bread from scratch. it was soooo good! Rick has had a horrid flu so we thought that would be some good 'back to food' food!

tried a new grinder today to make our own flour. A W E S O M E! and guess what??? chickens like wheat germ. oh yeah, they LOVES it!

Happy Birthday Shelleyb1969.
yippiechickie.gif

Hillbillyhen, thanks a lot, I am feeling better. That is too funny about the Axe spray. Both my boys think it is sooo cool to smell good. They both saved up and now each have their own can of it, and I CAN NOT stand the stuff. Instant headache and sneezing. The rule is that they have to spray it on outside if they want to use it.

MJ so glad to hear from you again. So glad your fingers are healing.
smile.png

I am loving this fall like weather. This was the perfect summer and the fall is starting off the same.
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
oh i missed you too! and church. i was so bummed, but Rick was seriously ill. oh my gosh. he never gets sick, so i was like freaking out when he came home from work sick Friday. he was so pale! he's on the mend though. he'll be home tomorrow too. he had a wicked fever!

Briana
....those allergies can be horrid! i am glad you are not down with anything you cannot shake! good! be careful! i wonder if i can mail you some soup?
lol.png
yes, vacuum! i shop vac out in the garage because it gets SO dusty from all of the brooders. ugh! it will make you sick as a dog.

Glad you are back MJ! How are your Dixie Rainbows doing? Mine are doing pretty well.

It must be a horrid year for allergies. Mine have been bothering me like no other. I'm okay, but stuffy one minute and then the next I'm down for the count -- literally. My whole body gets tired. Weird! I need to clean out my pens, too. I am not going to until I am better, though. Feel better Briana!

ChikeeMomma...my Dixie's are doing great! i think they are half way done, i have to check the calendar though.

allergies are rough on everyone this year it seems! Elizabeth was throwing up at school from her sinuses draining and aggravating her stomach! the doc gave her zantac for her tummy. he nose is making her nuts!!!

guess what i got???? i cannot believe i forgot to post it! a chicken plucker!!!!!!!!!!! wooooo hooooooo! yippy skippy!!!!

<----------------------------- so happy to not have to pluck eleventy-billion chickens by hand!
big_smile.png

Well I feel like I haven't been on here in ages, Work has bee so hectic I have not had time.

Friday I received the cease and desist order from my township office for my chickens, giving me 10 days to get rid of them and destroy the run and coop. Long story short I am currently working on drafting a stern letter sighting the MiRTFA and case histories a lawyer friend of mine is looking up for me.

I will keep you all posted on how it pans out....

Wish me luck

The Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom