Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yak lady -- I think it looks like bumblefoot, but I have never dealt with it. There are some pretty good threads on it if you use the search tool on the BYC website. Or hopefully, someone else on here has more info for you. Good luck!

YakLady- Wow I have never seen that in adult chickens but when they are little and in a chicken tractor if their is not enough room they start to pull feathers and if they see a bare back the others will keep pulling feathers. That is just from my experience.
Hey but I love Jessies he is cool.

YakLady
your hens look like mine, its from the roo mating, i had to get ride of a roo he was so aggregative, some of the girls feathers are just starting look like normal again, he was so bad that some of the girls hardly had any feathers on there head, I tried to put those saddle things on to protect them in sun but they wouldn't keep it on so everyday i was spraying sun screen on.

Quote:
CrazyChickenFever=My dearest daughter. What would you have had rather I do with my morning? Look online for you some hens OR drive to town 20 miles round trip and get you a King Size Mattress and Box Spring? *taps foot lol

YakLady: I am by far not an expert with chickens but her foot to me looks like the pictures in the thread here on BYC I posted this morning. Only that hen had it on the bottom of her foot. Might wanna send a PM to the owner of that thread and see what they think. The backs of your chickens look like my daughters do. And its her RIR rooster thats doing it. My rooster was being aggressive with my girls and he went bye-bye. Ive finally made it house rule here, there are too many good roosters to keep one that is aggressive to humans or my hens. Jessie is adorable. I sure wish they werent so pricey, as Id get a few.

LauraSbale: You sound like me. I have a bald faced paint gelding that has blue eyes. I spend more money on him for sun screen and fly spray than I do for the humans in my life. CCF and I were just talking about that on the phone as she was at petsmart getting parrot food. I said I use to pay $6 a pound for my cockatoos food and I wont even pay that for myself for a steak ..funny how that works. lol

Last edited:
Yak Lady, that isn't bumblefoot. That is caused by a puncture wound to the bottom of the foot that results in a staph infection that becomes hard. The entire foot would be swollen. Your hen has a cyst on the top of her foot. If it gets larger you may have to remove it surgically.

Yak Lady, I would do it myself. I try to given my birds the best care possible while remembering to not spend more treating a bird than the original cost. The cost of one vet visit would probably buy you a new flock.

ShowgirlsMay24090310LRlogo.jpg

This is a face "only" a mother could love. LOL

OH MY~~~ is this what I get to look forward to as I age? As they say, people start to look more like their pets as time goes on.

(awesome picture tho)

A few years ago I was in Walmart's TV area and saw a similar looking neck on every television in the store. When I took a few more steps I discovered that it was a store camera broadcasting, and a few more steps showed my entire face. darn this getting old sucks.

Hehe! I hear ya. Not quite 'old', I guess, but the fact that my 40th birthday is this May is kinda making me feel old-ish.

So, Opa, are there any helpful links on here that demonstrate how one should go about lancing a cyst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom