Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon everyone!
frow.gif

I'm soooo excited today. My first bantam Salmon Favorelle chick out of my rooster "Sammy" just hatched.
ya.gif
I've also got pips in my first cuckoo frizzle polish bantam eggs, and it looks like I've got several lavender cochin chicks already hatched. It's a beautiful day here...at least INSIDE my house.
big_smile.png

Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to be placing an order with Metzer Farms for some ducklings. If anyone is interested in getting some adorable little water babies, I still need at least 5 more to meet minimum. Even if someone only wants a couple, that will get me closer to what I need to order...so please don't fight the temptation!
lau.gif

10233_welcome_part_one.gif
10233_welcome_part_two.gif
Dustin glad to see you here. Be sure to click on the link in my signature line to get the information about Chickenstock.

Well, it was nice chatting with you all. I'm going to log off until after Shelley places her order. Metzer has GEESE!
droolin.gif

Must not buy geese. Must not buy geese. Must not buy....
hide.gif

roll.png
lol.png

Our chicks came in yesterday and they're all doing well. I seem to have a knack for getting baby chicks in during the worst weather every spring so they're in the house until Saturday when the storms and nighttime freezing has passed. I was handling a few of them this morning and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly they start getting feathers in. Already there are little feathers starting to come in on their tiny wings.

We ordered straight run and the shipping tag says straight run but then there is another tag on the box that says "pullets" so it'll be interesting to see what we end up with. They're all the right breed, I guess that's a start.
hu.gif

Quote:
It's going to be a couple of weeks before I order, Olive Hill. Sure will miss seeing you post.
gig.gif

A friend of mine has some goslings right now...and they really are cute, aren't they?
love.gif
I'm starting small with the ducklings...maybe someday I'll work my way up to geese.
tongue.png

ETA: Olive Hill...if you really "must not buy geese", then just get some ducklings.
lau.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I haven't purchased any birds from them but have met Joni she seems very nice and genuinely cares about her birds.

Someone just needs to stop me. I went to TSC today to get another heat lamp with my two little girls and they had 3 lonely bantams (I have no idea what kind) that my girls talked me into. I do have to admit it wasn't a difficult thing to do. Then went over to LFS to pick up my 2 Dorkings and walked out of there with 5 more chicks. So now I have a total of 16 chicks that is double my current flock and in addition I'm hatching eggs with my daughters class...
he.gif
HELP!! I need another coop!!

I have a beautiful dorking roo and 4 dorking girls in with him. I am going to be down sizing to one coop and am thinking of letting them go wished ya lived closer.

I wish you were closer too!! I just got another coop for my birthday!! I love my Mom!!

Quote:
It's going to be a couple of weeks before I order, Olive Hill. Sure will miss seeing you post.
gig.gif

A friend of mine has some goslings right now...and they really are cute, aren't they?
love.gif
I'm starting small with the ducklings...maybe someday I'll work my way up to geese.
tongue.png

ETA: Olive Hill...if you really "must not buy geese", then just get some ducklings.
lau.gif
hide.gif

Oh, you're evil!
lol.png

Actually, I already have ducks. Do you think if I pretend the goslings are just more ducklings that magically appeared my husband would notice?
roll.png

"What? Geese? Where?"
ep.gif
"No, no. Those are just big ducks. Big, honking DUCKS!"
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom