Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Is there typically a lot of people/critters there? I don't live too far from Newaygo...maybe I will have to check it out. Too bad Newaygo didn't still have a DQ!
wink.png

There a chick... :

Quote:
Is there typically a lot of people/critters there? I don't live too far from Newaygo...maybe I will have to check it out. Too bad Newaygo didn't still have a DQ!
wink.png

I know, they turned it into another pizza place!
tongue.gif
How many pizza places does Newaygo need anyway?

I have gone a few times and there is usually a good amount of critters. Sometimes it might depend on the weather too.​

I guess Newaygo really LOVES pizza!
roll.png
I was actually up there last weekend, and was almost tempted by the chicks at Family Farm & Home...and then was brought to reality by DH reminding me of the four full incubators at home. Doesn't he understand that I am not patient?
tongue.png

Quote:
I love watching a mama with her babies..but now we have snowwwwwwww....
sad.png

But, even more than watching them, I feel so sorry for the ones that have been broody and then have no babies after waiting so long..

I think my little black and white muscovy is thinking about going broody..she has really been fussing over the straw in the corner UNDERNEATH the rabbit hutch where she lays her eggs, and spends quite some time fussing that nest before leaving it. The others drop and go, lol...
I may not be able to handle the cuteness factor of mama duck and ducklings..

HH, I will tell my hen to talk to yours...maybe they will listen..

So today I got out again and did some errands. Pain won't keep me down!

Aric wanted to get some pellets for the stove and look what I got to walk out with...

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture013-6.jpg

Picture011-3.jpg

6 Silver Laced Wyandottes to go along with my 6 reds from Sunday
smile.png

He got the pellets, I got the pullets. One keeps us warm, one keeps us fed. Works out great lol

Last edited:
Keyt!
I answered you about names two or three pages back..didnt want you to miss it.

And I am ignoring all cute chick pictures until mine hatch,....lol.

Frist of all
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new comers I have been very busy the last week or so.

Secondly I wanted to up date Mom 2em All. The black hen you gave me is doing well she is in with my Dominiques and is standing up for her self. Mafia my Dom Rooster is VERY gentle with her. I am going to put a leg band on her in the next couple days. Did she have a name? and do you know about when she was born? and what egg color she lays?
big_smile.png
I am alway full of Question.
D.gif

A up date about what is going on at my house. All of my mutt hens have at least laid one egg a piece all except the new girl I got from Mom 2em All I am not shore about. The 11 Doms are only giving me about 5 a day but I think they are multing and some are older. The 7 Isa and 1 RIR is giving me 7 a day. My DH is working on up grading my bator. I added a fan and DH added a cool little box that will keep the bator the right temp even if the room temp goes up and down a lot. It will also show the temp digitally. It will be abel to store the temps it takes for about a week and be abel to dum all that data to my computer.
ya.gif
So hopefully my next attempt and hatching eggs will go better then the last.
fl.gif

To day I had to go to TSC to get food for all the animals and I fell pray to cutie fuzzy butts
jumpy.gif
so I have 6 Austarlops pullets.

Hope everything is well with everyone.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom