Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opa, I don't think of you as a know it all rooster, just a wise one
hugs.gif

And even if someone did think of you as a know it all, the old roosters have the big spurs and know how to use 'em, right?
wink.png
lol.png

Anyone know of someone who has call ducks? Preferably someone who can sex them or knows for sure that they are female! I picked up 3 babies last Spring, thought for sure they were all female so I picked up a male from the same breeder. Turns out they are all male. To make a very long story short, I emailed that breeder and she wrote back but I think she's telling me she doesn't want to let go of any females.

Anyone know of anyone?

welll...I rather expect you to be a know-it-all rooster, Sam.

So much better than a young little bantie roo just learning how to crow...
lau.gif

Besides, don't most clueless roosters get eaten?
tongue.png

In other news, I believe I have a high number of little roosters in my group of banties. There are at least two learning to crow, and they sound so dumb. lol. AND there are at least FOUR of the six that spar with one another all day long. Sounds like my luck though, four boys / two girls.

I hope you all have a great day. Im off to work. Day shift today, night shift tomorrow. Work is gonna kill me yet.

Speaking of old roosters, as I was looking in the mirror while brushing my hair, I realized I am starting to take on chicken characteristics, I've really started to molt.

...ANY young rooster just learning how to crow...
lau.gif

I've got some sort of sinus something or other going on and I am NOT happy about it.
he.gif

I usually don't have environmental allergies so I don't think it's that... which leaves illness... but frankly, I haven't the time for such things. Anybody want a sinus affliction of unknown origin and cause? I'll send it USPS priority with free shipping and handling!!!
roll.png

In other news, the broody goose is doing really well. I am quite impressed with her. She's got about a week and a half left to go.
fl.gif
Hoping to get another one started on a clutch here soon.

Our 3 new chicks are really doing great. I was very leary of raising them from so young an age. Tweek just can't get enough of them. He is really in awe of the whole deal!

Our yorkie, Missy, is pretty thrilled too. She sniffes them then lays down next to them and watches. If they peep, she looks at us like "whats wrong? Fix it!"
lol.png

We will put them out with the big girls at the same time we let the girls into their new coop (which should be built by then). And 2 older girls and 3 newcomers should help the pecking order arguments (I Hope!).

Celia
2 Brahma hens, a Yorkie and 3 Brahma CHICKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom