Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow so much time has passed...i just started my busy season at the office and will be swamped from now until April if it is a typical busy season. BUT thats all okay cause I love my job and its a bit more job security in this climate.

My RIR's still are not laying and that has been frustrating, but hey, they were free, and I dont know when they hatched this past spring.

I seen a few of you have lost some birds...UGH I better keep a close eye on mine, as I forgot to lock them up last night. just cause I dont see the hunters I bet they are out there and my chickens would be a target for some other critter out there.

Hope all is well and everyone is smiling even though its now fall, colder and gray outside, it could always be worse my friends.

Cheers

Quote:
Patience, Patience, patience...all good things come to those who wait!
jumpy.gif
The little ones are sure cute!

M.sue :

Quote:
Patience, Patience, patience...all good things come to those who wait!
jumpy.gif
The little ones are sure cute!

LOL it's bad because I am at home today and I am inside becuase the weather is icky. The bator is beckoning me....taunting me to check it every 15 min.
lol.png

Thanks! Those little guys are getting so big! It would be unfortuneate if they were both roosters.
sad.png

Pic spam! Nothing better to do on a gloomy and rainy day then mess around with pictures I've taken of my Araucanas!

This is my rumpless and tufted (small tufts bilaterally) cuckoo girl. Sure it isn't a standard color, and her legs are yellow instead of willow, but I love her! She is a sweetheart!
AraucanaPics040.jpg

I caught this ADORABLE scene last night while I was closing them up in their coop for the night. The girl in front (who is also bilaterally tufted, easier to see on her!) has her wings over the other two and they were all snuggled up.
AraucanaPics059.jpg

This is Abe, one of my two keeper roos. And yes, he is in the bathroom! I actually took this a few weeks ago. He has MUCH more gold on his wings now. He is HUGE compared to all the others, very hefty and solid, like he is on 'roids or something. But he is a nice tempered bird.
AraucanaPics008.jpg

A friend was telling me yesterday about spacing out while playing Pictionary and drawing a chicken with four legs. No one will let her live it down so I had to send her a pic of a four legged chicken so she could show them she was right all along.
81073_4_legged_chicken.jpg

M.sue :

Quote:
Do I dare ask why??

He wouldn't let me take a decent picture of him outside, so in the bathroom he was like "where am I!?" and cooperated!​

Quote:
How meaty was the chantecler post processing? I know they are supposed to be dual purpose, so hopefully you'll get a good meal or two out of him.

I had to process one of our Delawares today so this will be Friday's dinner,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/27698_100_5716.jpg

that looks like a BIG bird, alot on the legs. I prefer dark meat.
I don't really know about my CHante. It was a bit traumatic, because when the gal motioned me up to bring my truck, I stood outside writing my check and happened to look in the processing room. I saw the NEXT batch of chickens in the killing cones and it was awful. She placed mine on my van seat, I drove home and put them in the freezer without really looking. Sorry. They felt heavy tho.
I feared I'd have nightmares but I didn't. It will probably happen tho.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom