Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, renting your house out would give you income. And farm living can be very self sufficient and low cost............I'll send you a p.m. on this.......... my friend is a really good lady. I grew up with her and she is into a whole program of restoring farms in Michigan and getting folks into those farms......

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Brighton, which looks to be where 23 and 96 cross paths, but looking at Google maps there's a McDonald's on S. Old 23, right off an exit ramp that we could do a chicken exchange at. Might put a scare in the roos as well, make them think they're gonna be nuggets for all their crowing.
It looks like we'll be able to head out a little before 1pm, so that should put us at the McD's parking lot around 2. We'll be in a black Colorado truck, there will be 3 of us, BF, myself and our friend who wants the roos.

The one at 9437 Lee Road, Brighton, MI ?? My husband has a drk blue Explorer with John Deere Decals in the back window..long ponytail, beer gut. I will be with him , Ill be the one lookin like I just got cut apart. lol.

, Ill be the one lookin like I just got cut apart. lol.

FrankenMom???
gig.gif

The one at 9437 Lee Road, Brighton, MI ?? My husband has a drk blue Explorer with John Deere Decals in the back window..long ponytail, beer gut. I will be with him , Ill be the one lookin like I just got cut apart. lol.

That looks like the one. We'll see you there tomorrow and take away those noisy roos.
wink.png

We could always make you a recording and you could play it on yer "outside stereo". If ya were out here I would set ya up with one of the bells I make. They probably would not be very proud of us when the wind (created by a fan on timer) caused the bell to ring like crazy in the middle of the night.
hide.gif

This reminds of a few years ago. Our neighbor's adult son (late 20s) still lived at home and he and his buddies would be drinking, working on cars, listening to the stereo on Saturday night. Around midnight, they would be tanked and really start jamming the heavy metal. We tried to be good neighbors, but in the summer with the windows open, it finally got the better of me....so, early Sunday morning while getting ready for church, I would put the stereo speaker in the window facing their house and BLAST Puccini's Madame Butterfly. I was getting ready on the other side of the house so it was the perfect volume for me. It only took about three Sundays of early morning opera to take care of the late night heavy metal concert!!
cool.png

this mornings fog was a nightmare.

It was so foggy here they delayed school for 2 hours and then came back and said closed. I'm thinking someone decided it was going to be beautiful today, it's Friday and who wants to work anyway today.

Quote:
I am thinking of another way to do this Mom2. What if we show up at Chickenstock with some phone numbers on us - like a business card and then exchange them? Because then everyone can bring their own contact information and hand it out themselves. No copying or distributing required.

But what about those of us who can't make it?

So glad to hear Neil is working out for you and that he has a friend. I'm sure he was lonely being kept apart. He is so sweet to his girls. We would bring him in the house to feed him treats because he would never eat them in the yard. He just gives them all to the girls.
It was quite funny today. My youngest daughter put a barred girl in with him today and that girl didn't seem to like it much. I was out watching them from the deck and noticed the New Hampshire I put with him yesterday was running up and down the fence trying to get in with them. I had my daughter go out and put her in and that girl went right to Neil and they have been side by side since.

eta- I'm amazed how easily he eats a treat from your hand without hurting you. He's so careful.

lets see if this works. Bruising, normal? Frankenmom:

Holy Crow, Mom. That is quite some bruising you have. I don't recall mine looking like that. Please be super careful for a few days and take it easy. You really don't want to overdo it. Hope the pain you are having subsides quickly. Take care!

Last edited:
thanks teeville..I have no choice but to take it easy. Pain prevents me from doing much- much sitting, much standing, much of anything.

I snapped a couple pictures though.

These are therons egglets:

And my eggs for the Mahonri's Easter Egg Hatch-Along have arrived:
All showgirls and shizzles.

Hi Michigan!

I have been absent for quite a spell...been in Florida and also spent 10 days on a tour with my daughter of England,Wales and Scotland. Saw some chickens from the tour bus as we whizzed by but no close ups! I check with my chicken sitter each weekend and other than getting a little bald from the roo they are doing fine.
I heard on the news about the tornadoes down state and I hope everyone and their flocks are ok!! I will be back first week of May and we are enjoying our time here very much...but do miss friends and my flock.
Hope the mild weather there doesn't screw up blooms and growth for our trees and flowers!
Fife (Linda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom