Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh believe me the way Aric digs things they get dug DEEPER than 2 feet, that's what was so odd about it. He's lived here his whole life (43 years) so he has plenty of experience burying animals!!
Same here, i buried 3 feet down for the bunny and DH's uncles rooster.............. I think because it is soooo dry they can smell it better, and they are probably getting more and more desperate for food, a population explosion followed by a prolonged drought can't end any way good. :(

I had to abandon my birds to the heat today again, can't risk getting sick again. :( I put the new hen and my other little hen together, she is still a tiny bit gimpy and can't run as fast to get her, the momma orp. is super fast and furious about her so i turned her into the woods with the little ones. Same with the little du'ccle roos, free. I have a million water sources in shady spots, plus food. I figure the less stress, the better for all! When i go back this evening they will all get a bit of the kefir and some bannana, it helps me a ton so i imagine it will help them too. I am thankful to God that i have woods for them. At 3:00 it was 98 in the shade!

This is one summer i won't be wishing to repeat!

M2M - Sorry about DH's problems. Hope they can fix them.

Nova - Prayers for your sister.

Raz - I sure would like to know what happened. If you want to keep crabby out of your yard I have a pit bull you can borrow. But then, she would just call the law on that too.

Things are getting out of control...
People went to my Mom's house and threatened or intimidated her regarding my chickens, dogs, yard and whatever else they could think of.

My poor Mom is near hysterical with fear. She wouldn't tell me who they were or how many, but I have my suspicions. She has been scared out of her wits.

Man I wish this heat would break. I am seriously a prisoner in my own home. It's dangerous for anyone but especially for anyone with a seizure disorder like me. Granted I haven't had one since 2005 but I sure as hell don't want to start. I feel bad that Aric is doing all the chores, going out there every half hour to check on everyone. He doesn't mind but I miss going out there! It's bad when the only time you can walk outside is when it's dark.

The only good news of the day is a huge chef salad for dinner and jello and whipped cream for desert. Nothing hot.

THERON! My son bought a pair of frizzles from you... How big will they get? I am asking cause I bought some few day old fav chicks from Randy, and they are already bigger than the frizzles.
They are seramas, so they don't get very big. Our smallest serama only weighs about 9 oz.

Things are getting out of control...
People went to my Mom's house and threatened or intimidated her regarding my chickens, dogs, yard and whatever else they could think of.

My poor Mom is near hysterical with fear. She wouldn't tell me who they were or how many, but I have my suspicions. She has been scared out of her wits.
WOW that's uncalled for!!! Hey, just move here! Not only could you have all the critters you want but if anyone harrasses you you'd have 30 people to back you up! lol

THERON! My son bought a pair of frizzles from you... How big will they get? I am asking cause I bought some few day old fav chicks from Randy, and they are already bigger than the frizzles.
I have Seramas from him too. They are the smallest chicken breed in the world. All of my seramas rule everything. Even my big BLRW and JG roos won't mess with the serama roo..and he's not even as tall as the BLRW's leg LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom