Midnight majesty marans

Pics
Update...
I turned out my ten, eight week old, female Midnight Majestic Marans with the adult Australorp flock this week. Everyone getting along fine. Nine of them look like black Marans, 1 is more brown??? Hover told me they will not breed true. They should have named them Mystery Midnight Marans because there is so little info out there right now.
Mine at 8 weeks. Two tiny feathers on one leg.

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_132536.jpg
    IMG_20200423_132536.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 55
Everyone’s birds are lovely! :love

I’m getting chicks in a few weeks and they have black sex marans on the schedule. The chicks will be a couple days old.

I’m partial to chickens with clean legs.

Could I tell at a couple days old if they will grow up to have completely clean legs? At what point could you guys tell about the feathering on their legs? Did any of them grow light feathers later on?

The MMM's are a mixed breed of Marans and something else so there are variations. My two MMM's are different. One is all black with feathered legs. You could tell as a day old chick she would have feathered legs and the other is clean legged with a Rust colored throat and then all black. The eggs are beautiful and huge.

Has anyone hatched any eggs from their girls?
I bought a couple last year and just now hatched one of her eggs last night. Bred with my Blue Birchen Maran rooster, born with fully feathered feet as well. Can't tell yet what color exactly the chick will be because she is not dry completely yet, but she is a BIG chick lol. Super cute too. I have another that might hatch today too. Not the best picture yet, but she is the blue-ish one next to the yellow one. I'll post more when she dries completely.
20200526_053137.jpg
15904856367541546233328559046632.jpg
20200526_053137.jpg

I bought a couple last year and just now hatched one of her eggs last night. Bred with my Blue Birchen Maran rooster, born with fully feathered feet as well. Can't tell yet what color exactly the chick will be because she is not dry completely yet, but she is a BIG chick lol. Super cute too. I have another that might hatch today too. Not the best picture yet, but she is the blue-ish one next to the yellow one. I'll post more when she dries completely. View attachment 2160499View attachment 2160498View attachment 2160499
So cute! Yes I'd love to see her when she dries thank you

What color is the brown egg? Imean how dark brown? Can you show in a photo?
The MMM's are a mixed breed of Marans and something else so there are variations. My two MMM's are different. One is all black with feathered legs. You could tell as a day old chick she would have feathered legs and the other is clean legged with a Rust colored throat and then all black. The eggs are beautiful and huge.

Back
Top Bottom