Midnight majesty marans

Just bought some of these from TS. They are supposed to be all pullets. First thing I noticed when I got them home is that some have straight combs and some have flat rose? combs! Ugh! Plus, they are supposed to be all pullets, and several have the 'boy' feathering! So mad.

Just bought some of these from TS. They are supposed to be all pullets. First thing I noticed when I got them home is that some have straight combs and some have flat rose? combs! Ugh! Plus, they are supposed to be all pullets, and several have the 'boy' feathering! So mad.
I have one and she has a straight comb. Where did the rose comb come from?

Tractor Supply! LOL! Either the hatchery messed up or TS did! There were people waiting to get chicks and I was getting 12 and I didn't have my glasses with me so I just let them put the chicks in the box without me checking each one. Just a bummer!
You may be pleasantly surprised on the outcome. The only chick I have is my SLW.

The shines on these ladies are beautiful!! I wonder just how dark the eggs for mine will be. Can't wait to find out!

Attachments

• IMG_20200520_092301_942.jpg
    IMG_20200520_092301_942.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 87
I believe one of my girls started laying since my wellies aren't mature enough yet. I'm pretty sure it's my girl Felicity. Kind of disappointed that it wasn't darker. Will it darken up as she continues laying??

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_224731_977.jpg
    IMG_20200716_224731_977.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 83

Back
Top Bottom