Miget chicken

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Hi,
    I was just visting a friend down the street who had chickens, we were looking at them and the I spotted the CUTEST little miget chicken and I asked her what breed she was and she said Bantum and I said ok but what breed and again she said the Breed was a bantum it means small chicken and I said ok thanks I really like her. Anyway I want to know what breed she is because I was going to look for one like it So I say miget chicken because it was really only 8 inchs at the most when it was at full size, she was all black and a like sebright body, but had gold penceiling down the neek, had blue earlobe, flat come like a wyndotte (sorry spelling), the come and wattels were a darker red, and clean black feet I will see if I can get a pic. of her next time were there.

Thanks

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Lots of breeds under the general name Bantam.
    I can't tell you what it is... but really just wanted to say what a great description... you are very observant

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    silkie?

4. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
    If it had a muff and beard it could be a Quail Antwerp Belgian or it could be a poor quality sebright or it could just be a mutt. It's hard to know without a picture , but at any rate I think they like to be called little chickens not midgets.[​IMG]

5. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    I couldn't find any bantam breed with that exact description. But by the size & color described, I would guess it was probably a hybrid cross-bred from a golden sebright. [​IMG]

6. ottfarm07

ottfarm07 New Egg

Feb 3, 2011
    Quote:LOL![​IMG]

7. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Ok thanks everybody you guys are great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by