Miget chicken

I-Have-Happy-Hens

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Carrboro, NC
Hi,
I was just visting a friend down the street who had chickens, we were looking at them and the I spotted the CUTEST little miget chicken and I asked her what breed she was and she said Bantum and I said ok but what breed and again she said the Breed was a bantum it means small chicken and I said ok thanks I really like her. Anyway I want to know what breed she is because I was going to look for one like it So I say miget chicken because it was really only 8 inchs at the most when it was at full size, she was all black and a like sebright body, but had gold penceiling down the neek, had blue earlobe, flat come like a wyndotte (sorry spelling), the come and wattels were a darker red, and clean black feet I will see if I can get a pic. of her next time were there.

Thanks

If it had a muff and beard it could be a Quail Antwerp Belgian or it could be a poor quality sebright or it could just be a mutt. It's hard to know without a picture , but at any rate I think they like to be called little chickens not midgets.
smile.png

I couldn't find any bantam breed with that exact description. But by the size & color described, I would guess it was probably a hybrid cross-bred from a golden sebright.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom