Milky/watery poop? (Pics)

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hello!

I just noticed this odd poop on my patio. I have 3 8.5 month pullets, one RIR and two Cinnamon Queens. They get table scraps as well as their feed and whatever they get into while free ranging.
unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

One of them got into about 1 tsp of melted butter today, so that may be the cause of this. They're all healthy, alert, bright-eyed, no obvious signs of worms, laying normally, except for one molting girl. What is this? Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

@Wyorp Rock @aart @casportpony @Eggcessive

Looks like egg white to me. You often get poop like that when an egg breaks inside the hen, and now they are pooping out egg whites. Are any of your hens puffed up, looking uncomfortable, and knowing there new layers, have you been getting eggs yet, or do you know which hen could have played the egg that broke? It could be other things as well, I am not a professional with ID, but along with @casportpony the people you tagged will be able to help. Hope this helps!

Looks like egg white to me. You often get poop like that when an egg breaks inside the hen, and now they are pooping out egg whites. Are any of your hens puffed up, looking uncomfortable, and knowing there new layers, have you been getting eggs yet, or do you know which hen could have played the egg that broke? It could be other things as well, I am not a professional with ID, but along with @casportpony the people you tagged will be able to help. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply! All the hens look fine, they've been laying since Sept. 29 very regularly, pretty much never missing a day. We got one egg today, but the other laying lady usually lays later in the day.

I was also confused because it's thinner and more opaque than egg white. I saw a post that said this could happen if they got stressed, but I've been outside with them all day and nothing's happened.

Why?

Not sure what that is, but not egg white.
I see it here once in a awhile, never been consistent so didn't worry about it.
My mom was eating toast, and there was some leftover butter left on her plate. The chickens were on the other side of the house, so she went inside briefly, but one of them ran over and drank the butter.

Back
Top Bottom