Mille Cochin Info

did up a new page for my swap folder (to show what i've got, etc)...

the roo bottom left is the sire to all the rest, all out of the 2 blue partridge (split mille) girls i got from mandy. have to say, i love these guys.

the middle and left girls are now laying, the top and right pics are all babies hatched since november.

Last edited:
did up a new page for my swap folder (to show what i've got, etc)...

the roo bottom left is the sire to all the rest, all out of the 2 blue partridge (split mille) girls i got from mandy. have to say, i love these guys.

the middle and left girls are now laying, the top and right pics are all babies hatched since november.
This looks really great!

The breeding flock this early spring. The blue & mottled r included to help on type

I feel so bad... I really can not decide if I want to sell my MFCs or not. I was looking over my flock and I am really liking a lot of my birds. Even if the boys are douche bags. I like Bridgette's type now that she's older. The babies from Byron and Bridgette don't show either of their type when they are young. For some reason, it has taken the oldest girls I have from them nearly a year to really get any cushion. They are still widening. Bridgette was like that, so maybe it's just slow development?

I asked Dewey what he thought, since he has to fund feeding them and building new coops/pens. He told me not to sell what I like. I was surprised, to be honest. Usually he's all money oriented. I think what I will do is I will go ahead and sell a couple older girls that have literally given me nothing worth saving. I will deal with the boy's bad attitudes and give the project more time, I guess. The boys have been on their worst behavior this past week (so bad that Byron was removed from his girls to teach him a lesson today)! And I don't even have 2yrs into the MFCs.

I breed for these birds here in Michigan. Im new to BYC and have been learking and trying to find everyone else who loves these beautiful birds. I breed mostly cochins BUT do have a few Millies, silkies, frizzsz, sizzls, and 1 frevi in the flock. But have about 30 of the calicos. :)

Not sure how to add pics but ya can see 1 of them on my name fourm pic!

Back
Top Bottom