Mille Cochin Info

Ok, it keeps coming back and wiped out my entire grow out pen including my little man Henry. There was a bunch of headless chicks in a neat pile. Not sure why it piled them up. There was on survivor that got stuck under wire trying to get free. I think his chances of surviving are very slim. He still got cut up pretty bad under the wire. I have a lot of traps and I'm hoping it will come back searching for the little chick. If it enters the grow out again it isn.y going to get out alive. My only hope is that it doesn't skip on over into the LF Cochin pen on the other side of the grow out.
i guess paul put the live chicken into a cage backed up against a wall, then put the live traps around and the mink went into the trap trying to reach the live chicken, according to paul, they don't like a dead chicken, they want to kill it. i sure hope you get it before it does any more damage, they will keep killing til theres nothing left
fl.gif

Ok, it keeps coming back and wiped out my entire grow out pen including my little man Henry. There was a bunch of headless chicks in a neat pile. Not sure why it piled them up. There was on survivor that got stuck under wire trying to get free. I think his chances of surviving are very slim. He still got cut up pretty bad under the wire. I have a lot of traps and I'm hoping it will come back searching for the little chick. If it enters the grow out again it isn.y going to get out alive. My only hope is that it doesn't skip on over into the LF Cochin pen on the other side of the grow out.
OMG!!!! I am so sorry!
hit.gif

I know!!! I was heartbroken I didn't get to go with you guys! It's ok, we will all have to meet in Ohio or something!!! 

I think it would be a score! You'd have recessive white and have another variety to work with! :D 

Or, it could be an undermarked bird, no real idea! My Millies are laying now and I REALLY want to hatch from them. I think one or two of them are going broody already...so that's a blast! ;) 

another project!? Need that like a hole in the head! Although Lilbrownie has asked me to pick up a white Banty Cochin Roo for her at Delmarva...maybe he'll come back for a 'sleep over'?

I can't wait to see your babies, hope you hatch soon!

Anybody know anything about trapping a weasel?

this is my worst nightmare! TSC sells trapping cages that have an area for live bait, pricey, but better than loosing your whole flock!

I haven't ever been able to catch a weasel, poison yes...but not trap. They are slippery and wily animals.
He has come back evry nite now. Tonite is his nite to be gone. I heard they won't eat poisen though. I never tried it. Usually I just trap them and then sell the fur or hang it on my wall. This one is going to my uncle though. I cut the livers out of the dead chicks to use for bait. I have my fingers crossed. I'll keep you all updated though and if I get it post a pic to. (I like animals until it comes to killing for no reason.)

Hello, new to the forum and joined mostly to ask a question here! I picked up an unwanted bantam cochin rooster last fall as a 6 month old, and kept him around as a mascot. When searching for his color I realized about a month ago he was a Mille Fleur. I thought it would be fun to add this as a breeding project to my farm but haven't a clue where to start. Any specific pages in the last 600 someone could recommend, or possibly a website? He's a viable roo, with silkie cross babies hatched now, but I want to find cochin hens for him. I was thinking buff or red as I might could find some locally, or would mottled be better, his brother was mottled I think? I can't order hatching eggs right this moment, and would like to find him some girlfriends. I'm having trouble finding genetic info on this color strain, the only solid info I found was using buff columbian hens, which I would have to order as well. Oh and I have no idea on his background, the people I got him from I think got him with some purebred chicks from a backyard cochin breeder, so random diamond in the rough?

Thanks for any help, here's a photo of him, Squeaky.

mille fleur is made up of buff columbian and mottled... so crossing with any solid color you won't get predictable results... i would say scan the photo section for this thread, find birds you like the looks of and pm the person who posted those pics... if they have birds available, that's a good place to start. i have a couple pullets available, but i don't ship, so unless you're local to sw virginia, sorry.

Next time I come to NC I might could make a detour. And that was the answer I was looking for, thank you very much! I'm going to hunt around locally some more and save my pennies then to order some birds or eggs.

Back
Top Bottom