Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

I have just acquired a Mille fleur leghorn!

I was told she was at POL but it's winter here, and I think she's about 4 months old, will she lay soon or wait until spring?
Her comb isn't as big as I've seen in some of the photos, this is her...

Can some one tell me if her comb should get bigger before she starts laying? Can you guess how old she might be from the photo?
Her comb is slightly redder than this now, as this photo is 2 weeks old
Many thanks :)

I was told she was at POL but it's winter here, and I think she's about 4 months old, will she lay soon or wait until spring?

Can some one tell me if her comb should get bigger before she starts laying? Can you guess how old she might be from the photo?
Many thanks
smile.png

Leghorn combs grow when they come into lay and they get bright red. She is several months from POL. I would think 2-3 more months EASY before she starts to lay.

Many thanks
smile.png

this doesn't look like a mille fleur leghorn, she looks more like a speckled sussex. she's too dark on her legs and feather color.

Does anyone have a young cockerel and live near North Carolina?

I don't think I do right now but maybe by spring...... not that I am that close but I might head to the mountains for a little trip.

Got my first MFL egg the other day! YEAH!

I don't think I do right now but maybe by spring...... not that I am that close but I might head to the mountains for a little trip. 

Got my first MFL egg the other day!  YEAH!

That would work for me, It would still be a long drive but I'd rather not wait for a chick to mature if I can help it.

When did yours hatch?

Back
Top Bottom