Millions Against Monsanto Campaign-Updated - FDA bands non-GMO labels

Beginning with Aristotle's warning all democracies to never allow business men to run their governments of free citizens, citizens have believed and followed that philosophy for thousands of years. We instinctively knewg that merchants and such were only interested in profit, not the citizens, and making money was how they spent their time. Most politicians have always come from the professions and the liesure class of wealthy heirs. Business men and corporate leaders have always bribed politicians for favors, but in the last 50 years corporate leaders have gain control of almost all of our legislators, state and federal, and run our government and our lives through them more and more with every passing year. They have now managed to make it legal to move a great percent of our industries and technologies, some secret, to foreign soils. The middle class is shrinking at an alarming rate, but the new aristocracy has never been richer. Go figure!

I've always said I love this country... I just think its about time that we started running our country like its supposed to be... not paying corporations to pay politicians to tell us how and where we are to spend our money. Earn my trust, earn my dollars!

I do not want to be unhealthy, I will live healthy and pay for healthcare when I'm not healthy... the food I'm told is ok, though I can see it is not, is making me unhealthy.

Give me my right to options or give me death!!!

It is scary to think about what indutrialization is doing to not just our food but our whole glogal society. Mexico has outlawed GMO corn. In an attempt to preserve their rich and EXTREMELY diverse maize history. The GMO corn was/is polluting the diverse gene pool of corn varieties and dominating it. Monocultures end up being wiped out by a single aggressive predator (disease or insect) and widespread crop failures result in famine. Having only one variety of potato in Ireland is what caused their famine. And we are narrowing our crops gene pool the same way and expecting that we can just engineer our way out of that mess because we are arrogant enough to believe that we are more advanced than nature. We are pretty darn destructive, but Nature has been at it for longer. We are just going to engineer our way out of existence. And Nature will still win.

This whole topic, along with the announcement today of genetically modified salmon being released into the Atlantic just has me hoppin mad!

If anyone would like to have a civilized, non-judgemental conversation regarding same, see me on FB: [email protected]

I am also a Tea Party supporter....

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST IF YOU CANT BE NICE.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes.. yes yes.....Also it is the politicians appointments they make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look who has been appointed to top positions in the FDA and other agencies in the past.. You have to look back to see where they came from....

It is shocking, many come from the vary industries they are to regulate...
he.gif

IMO the power of our elected officials, come from their ability to appoint. With the Supreme Court being the biggest one. It is a lifetime appointment!! Some appointments come and go with administrations.. Some don't.. Those are the ones to watch closely.

Anyway, good point JB!

My question to everyone reading this and those against GMO's..........................................
Are you voting with your pocket book??????????????? Are you being sure there is no way any of your food or your animals feed have GMO's in them?

Vote with your pocket book... I sadly feel it may be the only vote that actually counts anymore...
sad.png

Capitalism has consumed Democracy...
hit.gif

ON

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom