mindless ramblings

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    It's 1:30am, and I should be in bed, but insomnia has struck. Lovely. [​IMG] I'm sitting here in my living room, and my kitten is growling like crazy because she "killed" her toy, and it's HERS! [​IMG] Of course this is setting off the other cats to growling, and upsetting the dog, who wants to eat said toy. It's a silly canada goose stuffie about the size of a field mouse. I had set it on the coffee table to keep it from our dog, (the table is really tall), but apparently the cat jumped up and got it. [​IMG]

2. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    If I don't get to bed now then I will hate life in the morning [​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Me too. Goodnight!

4. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I'm waiting for glaze to harden on a lemon blueberry loaf of bread that I just made. My signature used to say that I'm a midnight baker. People never took the 'midnight' part literally. They should have.

5. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Quote:That sounds great! I'm a horrible insomniac but my kitchen is too close to the kids' rooms...I'd probably wake them up. [​IMG]

6. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Yummy!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Another late night/early morning here.

One of my best roosters died today, so after his burial I had a huge glass of wine and went to bed. And then got up to close the pen door on the Ameraucanas I had left free ranging.

I thought about cleaning the kitchen but sitting here is far more entertaining!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  8. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
  9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOL at the kitten Godsgrl. Because "Mama" is up, the 3 cats and 2 dogs think it's time to start the morning feedings and revolving door stuff! Not!

10. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I clean my kitchen as I cook. Two birds, one stone. Probably the wrong metaphor for a chicken website. [​IMG]

The link for the recipe that I'm using. Great breakfast bread and I'm guessing that's what this loaf will be.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=357025

I try to clean as I go, I was a restaurant cook for many years. This kitchen is very small and I have yet to get it organized "just right".

Guess who has fresh, homegrown blueberries and a lemon? [​IMG] Need to pick some more, I keep eating the ones DH puts in the fridge. THANK YOU!

The blackberries are coming in as well, but those cardinals are faster than I.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by