mindless ramblings

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
It's 1:30am, and I should be in bed, but insomnia has struck. Lovely.
he.gif
I'm sitting here in my living room, and my kitten is growling like crazy because she "killed" her toy, and it's HERS!
th.gif
Of course this is setting off the other cats to growling, and upsetting the dog, who wants to eat said toy. It's a silly canada goose stuffie about the size of a field mouse. I had set it on the coffee table to keep it from our dog, (the table is really tall), but apparently the cat jumped up and got it.
idunno.gif

I'm waiting for glaze to harden on a lemon blueberry loaf of bread that I just made. My signature used to say that I'm a midnight baker. People never took the 'midnight' part literally. They should have.

Another late night/early morning here.

One of my best roosters died today, so after his burial I had a huge glass of wine and went to bed. And then got up to close the pen door on the Ameraucanas I had left free ranging.

I thought about cleaning the kitchen but sitting here is far more entertaining!

frow.gif

Last edited:
LOL at the kitten Godsgrl. Because "Mama" is up, the 3 cats and 2 dogs think it's time to start the morning feedings and revolving door stuff! Not!

Quote:
I clean my kitchen as I cook. Two birds, one stone. Probably the wrong metaphor for a chicken website.
hmm.png

The link for the recipe that I'm using. Great breakfast bread and I'm guessing that's what this loaf will be.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=357025

I try to clean as I go, I was a restaurant cook for many years. This kitchen is very small and I have yet to get it organized "just right".

Guess who has fresh, homegrown blueberries and a lemon?
big_smile.png
Need to pick some more, I keep eating the ones DH puts in the fridge. THANK YOU!

The blackberries are coming in as well, but those cardinals are faster than I.

Back
Top Bottom