Mini Pig Help!

Rysktal

Songster
5 Years
Jul 30, 2018
Prince Edward Island, Canada
We brought home 2 ten week old mini pigs yesterday. We were told they were weaned and eating pig pellets. We purchased the same pellets they are used to.

We got them at 6pm last night, its 11am now. They haven't moved from their straw nest, they haven't eaten or drank anything yet. They are just huddled up together, not moving around.

My husband thinks it's okay, and they'll come around and eat eventually, but I'm getting worried of course.

Any thoughts or advice is welcomed- I have never owned pigs, my husband grew up with them.
20210321_190937.jpg

Pic from when they first found this spot, they haven't moved around much since then!

Those sweet babies are just adorable! I'm sure they were just stressed from the move and a little shy being in a new environment. I'm sure after a few days they'll warm right up

Those sweet babies are just adorable! I'm sure they were just stressed from the move and a little shy being in a new environment. I'm sure after a few days they'll warm right up
I hope so! The girl let's us pet her and seems to like belly scratches. The boy runs away from us and grunts from a distance.

A backscratcher is the perfect tool for taming pigs. Once you are Giver Of Scritches shyness disappears.

Back
Top Bottom