Miniature pincher?

Rat terriers do come in black and tan, but the nose is a bit shorter like a Chihuahua. If it doesn't bark all the time than it probably isn't a min pin. My guess would be rat Chihuahua mix, they are a fairly popular mix.
Well, there are about 1 billion Chihuahuas in this town. Don’t know about rat Terriers. But it could be.

223DFBDB-F02F-4F49-8853-06A8C57F4CBB.png
Well, this is as close as I can find. A few of these sites have the Manchester Chihuahua crosses and they seem to come the closest to her over all.

the problem is, being a mix she could be a couple dozen different breeds lumped together. And it's unlikely that any purebred animals that may be close in generation were well-bred examples of the breed. So that makes it even more difficult. I know some who had a 30lb min pin. Horribly bred dog but 100% pure. Just poor breeding and a bit of overfeeding.
The breed DNA tests are unreliable unless the parents are purebred or at most a couple generations back. Dog DNA is too closely related by breed to differentiate in that way. The one with the best results is probably Wisdom Panel as they are the ones actually creating the database. But traits are carried over multiple breeds even if not expressed and that is what those tests look for - genes that cover traits known for a certain breed.

We have a minpin. She's the best dog I've ever had. She's just over 18 pounds. She only barks if someone knocks on the door. Very willing to chase a squirrel across the yard. Your dog looks a lot like her, but not a match.However, tonight she's very sick, and has been for several days.

Back
Top Bottom